Hotel Quadrifolio
NH Cartagena Urban Royal(Cartagena)(Great Value!)
$128
$108
$210
$186
$194
$177
  • Pool
Hotel Don Pedro de Heredia(Cartagena)(Great Value!)
$60
$58
Hotel Caribe(Cartagena)(Great Value!)
$158
Hotel Las Americas Casa de Playa(Cartagena)(Great Value!)
$156
$407
$310
$269
$271
$245
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfolk artluxurious homeboutique hotelwalled cityhuge wooden doorsarepasold citycool towelsexceptional hotelevery single detailsun deckdining tablebeautiful hotelrooftop jacuzziquiet streetroom hotelspent four nights
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Expectations were high when we checked into the Hotel Quadrifolio. The number one position on tripadvisor is a high hurdle to meet, and overall we loved the hotel, room, location and service (extremely good service). The one downside was the price, but since this hotel bills itself as a true five star hotel in Cartagena, and equivalent to the best hotel we’ve seen in Latin America – (we don’t feel a five star hotel in Europe or Asia can compare to one in most of Latin America) it truly was a five star experience.

From the moment of check in, every person at the front desk and kitchen went out of their way to assist us, whether it was booking a car to another part of the country, assisting us with complicated directions, organizing a day trip to a set of islands (comparing various tour companies) and graciously accepting and running with odd requests such as bagging up breakfast each morning so we could start our day and fill our water bottles, they happily assisted us with smiles and did so efficiently and quickly. In a sense, this was worth the price of the room, especially given one of us got very ill from food poisoning one day and they even offered to bring a doctor to the hotel.

Our room was exquisitely put together, with a phenomenal balcony overlooking the street and their local judicial court (so it was quite busy each weekday morning). The location of the hotel is obviously within the walled city, but closer to the water than it is to the city center (however that’s relative, given the walk to the city center is approximately three blocks and seven minutes).
We felt the customer service and attention to detail was the most impressive part of the hotel, given the roof deck and hot tub somewhat disappointed when compared to Hotel Passion. However the rooms were larger at Quadrifolio, the service far better and more attentive, the bathrooms nicer, the ambiance of the central courtyard better, and the food a step above other hotels we’ve experienced.

We really enjoyed our stay at Quadrifolio, and our only complaint would be it’s a tad too expensive but otherwise is the place to stay for great rooms, food, amazing service and generally a safe, pleasant place to stay when in Cartagena.

Room Tip: Make sure to have a hotel with a balcony
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank weissguy11
Reviewed August 10, 2012

The hotel has an excelent location right is in the midle of the old town.

The rooms and social areas are also prime, as well as all the services , you real feel very confortable there

The only thing to pay atention is that are some rooms wich wcs comunicate directly to an open space ( they don't have windows for this attrium), and so all the noises ( Exemple hair drier) in the level 0 room are easily heard on the level 1 room, what can be very hard if your neighbours awake very early

Room Tip: Avoid a room that has a common attrium in the wcs
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2012

This hotel is deserving of its number one spot. I felt like I was leaving my family at the end of the week. From the moment I set foot at the doorstep until I waved goodbye, I did not want for anything. In fact, my needs were anticipated before I could even voice them.

The rooms were huge and very clean; the bathrooms were exceptional with vaulted ceilings. The water takes a little while to heat up but that is the only improvement I could make. visited in the low-season and out of the 8 rooms, only one other was occupied, so we had the run of the house. Do not miss breakfast as it is heavenly, made to order. It was served by either William or Gustavo who were like family for the week. They were always smiling and going out of their way to make every moment very special.

Everything we wanted to do was easily arranged down to the last detail by the Monica or Virginia who manage the hotel. They arranged tours and private car transport from the airport and all the way to Barranquilla. They can be counted on to execute every detail perfectly.

I have read reviews where some did not like to have to ring a doorbell to gain entry, but I felt quite the opposite. Security and privacy of guests are taken very seriously. Cartagena is very safe, but there is the occasional person asking for money who can easily follow you right to your door since it is in the middle of the old city (the best location!) I arrived before my friend did, mid-afternoon, and when I asked for directions to the ATM, I was escorted down the cobblestone streets and taken directly to it. I then was taken on a tour around the neighborhood and to a store to pick up some items I forgot to pack. Gustavo waited for me at every stop and walked me back to the hotel. As a platinum blonde american with lackluster spanish skills, it was of great comfort to have someone to escort me while I was alone and unfamiliar with the city.

This hotel is a winner for sure. The service and family-like treatment are what makes it so deserving of its #1 spot on tripadvisor. Please feel free to ask any questions. Happy travels!

P.S. Pack bug spray and very light clothing…wow Cartagena is HOT! :)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank emmypar
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Wow - enough said!

Incredible customer service - they even did a special b-day cake & surprise "Feliz Cumpleanos" song for her upon our arrival from dinner/carriage ride that they also organized for us.

Beautiful decor.

Great welcome drink.

Very good location.

Wonderful full breakfast (my 5 year old daughter's favorite - very "fancy")

Nice business/library/tv room to do some work if necessary

Would be amazing romantic get-a-away hotel (we had our kids but they still were very nice & accommodating)

Pool is small but very refreshing

Room is made up twice daily - a nice treat after breakfast & afternoon siesta to have your room all clean and tidy (they even folded our clothes & organized our things)

Cartagena at it's finest!
What the hotel could do better

Internet was spotty in our room but worked well in the open air area.

This wasn't a problem for us but we had our kids with us so we were very worried about disturbing other guests as noise travels in the main open air area - though no one complained, etc. - we were just overly cautious & didn't want to disturb any other guests.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Definitely deserves the number 1 spot! I don't have enough good things to say about Hotel Quadrifolio! It's such a beautiful hotel and everyone that works there is so lovely. Cartagena is insanely hot and humid (not to mention gorgeous and vibrant), and from the moment we checked in, we felt completely pampered. The air conditioning, delicious limeade and cool towels at check-in were a godsend. Breakfast is delicious, the beds are super comfy and there's lots of hot water (we came from Tayrona, so this was key). I could go on and on. Thanks so much to Quadrifolio for a great stay!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends