“Laughably bad”
Review of Quero Arepa

Quero Arepa
Ranked #86 of 969 Restaurants in Cartagena
Description: Homemade Food. Arepa, made of corn, ground everyday, grilled and full of cheese, beef, chicken, sausage, vegetables and mushrooms, beans and more. Hot Dog, Hamburguer, and corn removed from the cob. Natural juices and beer.
Reviewed June 11, 2019 via mobile

This place has clearly jacked up prices since some of the previous reviews were written. 60mil pesos gets you 2 dry grocery store arepas and (wait for it) “corn off the cob” which consists of canned corn, shredded cheese, and crushed potato chips. If you’re looking to spend money on a good meal, go elsewhere. If you’re looking for cheap eats, stick with the street food for an arepa 1/4 the price and 10x as delicious.

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed June 4, 2019

Don't miss this! I thought arepas was a Venezuelan dish only but it seems like it is Colombian too! Muy rico...para la arepas

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed June 2, 2019 via mobile

Delicious food, great service & cool vibe.
We didn’t find this place until our last morning in Cartagena, but I know if we would have found it sooner, we would have ate here everyday. The arepas are creative and super delicious. My friends had the plantain dish - super delicious as well. They also make a yummy iced coffee.

Everyone working was super nice and welcoming & they played great music.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed May 2, 2019

After a couple of times of walking by it .. I finally found it ..

The place is really small, but it has a large menu with all the Colombian specialties ...I arrived at 11:00 am and I was the only one there.

I proceeded to order the plain arepa with only cheese and cream ... all I can say was WOW !!!!!!

I also ordered the one with black beans and beef and that was really good ...

For a total of 4 arepas and 2 ice tea's in bottles, my total was 22,000 pesos ... about $7 USD ... totally worth the effort to find it ...

The ladies were so nice and helpful in describing some of the more unconventional arepas ... overall 2 thumbs up !!!

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 21, 2019

We went here on purpose due to excellent TA reviews. It's not in the prime tourist area of the walled city so you'll have to walk for a while.
The restaurant is very small and colorful and service fast. Prices are average for indoor eating.
We tried 3 kinds of filling but the beef ones appeared the best, so repeated them. The fillings were good and generous in all, but as others said I wasn't satisfied with the arepa taste particularly - it was pretty dry.

Date of visit: March 2019