“Superb. Classy.”

Ranked #84 of 761 Restaurants in Cartagena
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Ignore anything other than the 5 star reviews. We went with a little trepidation because of some comments below but this place exceeded those by far.

The service is pristine, tranquil, as good as any I recall. The atmosphere of this corner colonial labyrinthine restaurant and bar is super relaxing.

We had the ahi tuna tartar and the ceviche camarones. Wonderful. Then the steaks. Mine was the best, the one with the balsamic reduction sauce. We shared the passion fruit mousse. Tasty.

The 5 very good musicians played cool old latin numbers. This was a great way to spend the last of our 4 nights in this gem of a town. Sure it's a little pricey. There is a ton of celebrity money pouring in here. So all the restaurants will get more expensive soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,392)

Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

This was the best meal I've had on both my trips to Cartagena. I have no complaints. Very relaxing and not a care in the world when you're there. Mojito was spot on. Service, food, atmosphere and music were all fantastic. I had the grouper with special herb sauce (per recommendation) and I don't know the last time I've eaten so much. They nailed all of the sauces, bread was used for sopping. All of our plates were clean. Thank you La Vitrola!

1  Thank DauphineGirl
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Lovely. Just lovely.

What a beautiful restaurant complete with good wine, great music and friendly staff BUT make sure you can get a reservation as they hard to come by. It's a highly sought after dinner spot so dress well and get on that list!

The music was great - we had the steaks and they were cooked to perfection. Definitely recommend and will come back here.

1  Thank NIOSHAK
Reviewed January 29, 2014

My wife and I never miss a chance to go to La Vitrola when we are in town. The atmosphere, the food, the music is just perfect. Please try the mojitos and the crab claws (they're not on the menu BTW)!

Reviewed January 29, 2014

What a nice place this is. Everyone raves about it, with good reason. I had the seafood casserole, which was delicious. I'm always a bit surprised that a high-end place that serves lots of gringos is stumped when asked to produce a US-type martini, but between our poor Spanish and their good-natured willingness, we eventually got good approximations thereof. Be sure to go to the restroom, en route to which you can see the wine storage accessible via a gangplank overcrossing a pool of water. Curious. We reserved for 7:30, which I recommend, because it was nearly empty but rapidly filled up.

2  Thank David M