“Good choice”

Restaurant Cafe San Pedro
Ranked #66 of 669 Restaurants in Cartagena
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

This is a big, inviting, bustling place that enjoys an impressive facility in a privileged location. There tables outside but large windows let you take advantage of the air conditioning inside and still enjoy the church and the plaza. We arrived at the peak of the dinner service (8:30; people eat on the early side in Columbia) and the wait staff was just a tad stretched. But it didn't matter. We were well-enough taken care of and the food was quite good. Don't hesitate.

• Visited June 2013

• Turkish first
Boston
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awful food, good location”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

I'm only giving this two stars because it is well located and well decorated. I had a similarly negative experience at this place a couple of years ago, but I thought it was just a glitch. Now I'm convinced I'm not going back. Our food this time around was inedible. Luckily, we had only ordered appetizers (which we left unfinished) and were able to go and eat our entrees somewhere else. We ordered the citrus squid, which was chewy like rubber and didn't taste too fresh either, and the croquetas de corvina and the Caribbean dumplings, both of which were cold when they got to our table. The Caribbean dumplings were covered in a cloyingly sweet sauce that made the patacón underneath soggy and slimy. The service was not good either. For that price, the quality should be better... go somewhere else.

• Visited June 2013
Toronto, Canada
“great view and good food and drinks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

This restaurant has a great view of the San Pedro Claver and food is good. ask for a table outsie in the plaza when you make your resevation. Great enviroment.

• Visited May 2013
Brooklyn, New York
“Salmon in salsa de lulo is divine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

As a solo diner, I don't necessarily expect my server to give me extra attention, but it surely doesn't hurt, especially if they're working for a nice tip. When I arrived, my server asked if I was dining alone and I said yes. He said (in Spanish), "Well, you won't be alone because you've got me!" Cool, I thought. This should be fun. But that was the extent of his friendliness. The rest of my time there, he didn't even try to strike up a conversation. Only asked for my order and delivered my food...disappointment.

Luckily, the food was delicious! I ordered the salmon in salsa de lulo. It came atop roasted potatoes and a sweet mango sauce. I devoured the entire thing, and even wiped my plate clean with bread. I tried a glass of the chardonnay and then sauvignon blanc, the former much smoother than the latter.

I sat outside. Nice setting right in front of the cathedral. Always fun to people watch while dining. There was an amusing mime in the plaza who was pretty entertaining.

Overall, it's a solid spot. Sure, a little pricey, but I didn't feel I was jipped for the price.

• Visited May 2013
London
“"The Cathedral"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

It was a beautiful evening, nice temperature some wind with a great and prominent view at the Cathedral. The menu is various and it doesn't matter what you take all of it is from an outstanding quality. Try the Sushi or traditional Colombian dishes.

Visited April 2013