“exellent in every way”

Ranked #39 of 155 Hotels in Cartagena
Kuwait City, Kuwait
“exellent in every way”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

amazing location right next to the sofitel santa clara, where you can use all the amenities, pool restaurants etc and charge them to your room in bovedas, great rooms, cozy lobby and entrance 1 minute walk to a beautiful square filled with restaurants and music , overall a wonderful experience.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Before arriving the costumer service was great!
I book 2 rooms trough orbitz for my parents and my family! My dad due to illness was unable to travel and with the great costumer service of Orbitz and bovedas de Santa Clara hotel got the refund back despite the conditions of my booking, thanks to ORBITZ AND BOVEDAS DE SANTA CLARA!!!
When we arrive the rooms was also ready before check in time, we have a 2 floor room with a double bed and a king size bed, with dinning table and sofa! This as location/room is one of the best hotels I ever stayed.
ROXANA at the front de desk has been very friendly and professional !
The other great benefit is the fact that you get the benefits of the Santa Clara hotel which is the best hotel in Cartagena for its service, facilities and beauty.
The only negative thing I have to say is the reciprocal trip ( cost associated to the MAJAGUA hotel at the Rosario islands)
The MAJAGUA hotel does not meet the expectations of a high quality hotel as Bovedas/ Santa Clara hotel!
A few safety issues arise on our trip with poor costumer service at the island hotel, honestly I was expecting more from the trip considering the high standart level of the Sofitel group !
To finish I can recommend BOVEDAS DE SANTA CLARA as one of the top boutique hotels in Cartagena !!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Guatemala City, Guatemala
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We enjoyed three wonderful days at the hotel, my boyfriend, his parents and me. The restaurant waiters treated us great. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, we were on the first floor and we had the morning visit to the garden of toucans. The hotel bar is very nice and sell very original and tasty drinks. It is located close to everything in the Old Cartagena and have a beautiful view of the wall surrounding the city and the sea.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank gtpatty
Bogotá
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Great hotel overall. Nice big rooms with crisp white linen. Breakfast OK, I didn't have much to do with the staff at all which is probably a good thing.

I much prefer Bovedas to the Sofitel which could essentially be anywhere on a Spanish Costa. That said, I did spend an afternoon at the pool and the bar tab neatly appears on one's room bill.

The wifi at the hotel is really crappy. I depend on good wifi as I have to be in touch even when I am away from work. There were 3 of us each with a room on the second floor and the internet only worked in one of the three rooms.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank JohnnyBogota
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stayed one night in transit to work in Barranquilla. A good place to recover from jet lag. Located right next to the wall. Staff were polite and helpful. Comfortable, spacious room. A bit pricey, but probably value for money in the Cartagena context. Breakfast pricey for what it is. Probably better to walk into town and find something on the street.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Dean S
Elizabeth V, Gerente at Bovedas de Santa Clara Hotel Boutique, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Many thanks for your kind comments about the staff service and our rooms, however we are really sorry for not have achieving the cost-benefit breakfast ratio you expected. For that reason, we have made changes over the buffet menu that you will enjoy on your next visit to Bóvedas de Santa Clara Boutique Hotel in Cartagena.
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband, 15-year old son and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Bovedas. The staff was warm, friendly and very helpful. The suite was extremely comfortable and impeccably maintained. I was initially concerned that the limited services available at the property itself and the need to use the services at the Sofitel would be inconvenient. My concerns were entirely unwarranted. We had the best of both worlds...a small boutique hotel environment with all the facilites of a larger, full service hotel just steps away. The breakfast buffet at Las Bovedas was more than adequate and the service delightful. I would echo the comments on the rather spotty WIFI availability, but that was our only real issue. When the hotel was experiencing an issue with power one day and were awaiting for the repairs to be completed by the municipality, they managed the situation quite well, keeping us informed and having a back up plan. We would gladly return to Las Bovedas.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Just come back from one week at this hotel. Firstly a gorgeous, gorgeous property! The rooms are fantastic for families as its a loft style and you can have kids separate. The sea view rooms overlook the sea and you can hang on the balcony watching the party buses and dancing every night. Hotel has been professionally decorated... Very beautiful and relaxing. Downside to the rooms. You get a kitchenette with microwave but no plates or cutlery. With kids this is an issue when you want make snacks etc.
If you want ice it has to be ordered from the Sofitel. It is so hot in Cartagena that they really should have an ice machine for people paying what they are at the hotel.
Loved the use of the Sofitel pool, a massive plus. Sofitel service by the pool was impressive.
However the staff at the bovedas do not know how to handle problems and this type of thing can ruin a holiday depending on what type of person you are. In my opinion the manager of this hotel should be fired. We had an issue with an Expedia booking and the staff admitted that it was an issue with Expedia yet they refused to budge on something like $150 when our entire booking was thousands. I've never had issues like these in a 5 star hotel. And to rub salt in the wound the manager never once left the office to come and speak to us personally even when we asked. We ended up paying for an expedia mistake. unfair and unprofessional. The manager left the front desk staff to fight the battle. No support for them, and no support for us.
The wifi did not work the entire time we stayed. Breakfast also very average, pastries, juice and fruit is about it...( the guy who ran breakfast was great) .we did the Sofitel buffet one day and it was amazing!
In a nutshell I'd go if your with kids because of the rooms but be prepared for no help or compromise if there is an issue. Btw.... Cartagena Rocks!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for sea view room