“This hotel is very good!!!!”

Casa Pestagua Hotel Boutique, Spa
Ranked #6 of 156 Hotels in Cartagena
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Hello, Travis and Francy Here. We just stayed 5 nights at this hotel over Christmas. I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel. All of the staff treated us very well our entire stay. The rooms and the hotel it self are very beautiful. The location is great with plenty of restaurants, bars, clubs, and beach near by and shopping. I miss this hotel and Cartagena very much. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Pros of Casa Pestagua
- The common areas of the hotel are chic & film set ready, very cool & photogenic, I especially liked the outdoor dining area, the formal dining room and the breakfast area.
-Good service. They were able to help with everything from restaurant reservations to car transfers etc., service was attentive, staff were multi-lingual, friendly and sincere.
- I have always preferred boutique hotels with personalities. Casa Pestagua definitely has personality, history & charm
-Perfect location: the vibrant squares, churches, museums & restaurants were an easy hop & a skip away only. With the heat it was always good to be able to go back for a siesta in between sight seeing

Cons
-To keep mossies out (they found me my first day, though the hotel did quickly give me a gigantic bottle of Raid) my bathroom had no air /no fan/ no circulation
- room Two was the cheapest room available (I was on a 3 wk holiday and wanted to watch my expenses) --- it looked out at the ground floor bar area in betw the pool & dining area. I had to keep the curtains drawn & the wooden shutters closed at all times for privacy, the ceiling is also low so it felt claustrophobic as a result. It also got noisy when guests congregated at the bar (with the TV) as my room's only door and windows faced the bar.
About two pm on my last day (Sunday) i'm guessing one of the guests decided to plug their ipod into the hotel sound system, there was no getting away from this music (brass monkey etc) plus TV noise while trying to read & or take a nap. Add to that a bunch of kids were playing in the pool, fortunately of the 4 nights I was here this level of noise only happened on the last night

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Anilegna
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This hotel was a colonial house that belonged to a marquis, it's really beautiful, the garden it's lovely and very good conserved, the service is also very nice, the stuff it's specially friendly, the breakfast very nice and the rooms are really stylish!!! It's romantic and full of history, I recommend it!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2012

amazing hotel, great location, excellent costumer service. it was worth staying in here, i loved that i could walk to the amazing old town of cartagena and without expending any money on transportation to go back to the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank carlos m
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Architecturally the hotel is very attractive and draws in a lot of passers by to take photos. The centre of old Cartagena is not large but the hotel could not be better located and perfect for enjoying the old town, restaurants and little shops. There are not many rooms in the hotel and so apart from curious passers by we ofton had the whole place to ourselves. We were on holiday with our daughter and our large split level room was perfect for us to be all together but with separate sleeping areas. It was so peaceful we slept like logs. Breakfast sat outside was a leisurely treat with a choice of local or western. The staff were generally very friendly and the reception helped us to book a great day out to Isla Del Encanto. The only reason I did not give 5 stars were a few small niggles: the first night we got in the small pool we were quickly ushered out because they had been adding chlorine (there was only a small warning sign that we had not seen!); the restaurant food was good but the layout did not encourage visitors and so the night we ate there it was dead, i.e we were the only ones in; the bathroom was spacious with a great overhead shower but for the price I would have expected the decor to be much better.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 1gordonm
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We were staying at this hotel because a friend of mine was getting married in Cartagena. She booked the whole hotel (11 rooms) for all of her wedding party. The hotel was beautiful! Amazing courtyard style hotel with a pool in the middle and a beautiful al fresco dining area as well. The staff was so pleasant and helpful the entire time we were there. The rooms were interesting, everything from lofted style rooms to smaller king size rooms. They all had sitting areas with mini bars, full huge bathrooms (though they could use some updating) as well as Directv and WiFi in each room. Along with our stay there we we also given complimentary breakfast everyday along with a complimentary foot massage.
It's located right in Old Town not far from Cafe Del Mar (great scenic bar on top of the wall of the old city, gorgeous views) as well as many other key sites within the old city.
I really enjoyed our stay there!
One thing though..there are no really doors to any of the rooms, more shutter style along with the windows..while you do have privacy it takes some getting used to.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on one of the top floors if possible to get away from the noise down below.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 11, 2012

It took me 35 years to return to Cartagena. I had been very busy traveling all over the world. Because of my coffee business, I had to return to Colombia. But a trip to Colombia will never be complete without a visit to the historic town of Cartagena de Indias. I was joyfully surprised to see how this fortified enclave had changed into a sophisticated and gorgeous city. But my greatest delight and captivation was to discover Casa Pestagua, one of the finest and most exquisite hotels in the world, a true Spanish colonial villa, a magnificent palace. I was so fascinated with its enchantment and splendor, that I had to return twice in two months. The staff is friendly, attentive, mindful, polite and pleasing. The ambiance is without parallel, a romantic, charming and peaceful hideaway. The architecture is gorgeous and unique. The food is exceptional. The rooms and gardens are breathtaking. In other words, Casa Pestagua feels like my home!

Room Tip: Best rooms in the second floor, overlooking the gardens!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple