Pros of Casa Pestagua
- The common areas of the hotel are chic & film set ready, very cool & photogenic, I especially liked the outdoor dining area, the formal dining room and the breakfast area.
-Good service. They were able to help with everything from restaurant reservations to car transfers etc., service was attentive, staff were multi-lingual, friendly and sincere.
- I have always preferred boutique hotels with personalities. Casa Pestagua definitely has personality, history & charm
-Perfect location: the vibrant squares, churches, museums & restaurants were an easy hop & a skip away only. With the heat it was always good to be able to go back for a siesta in between sight seeing
-To keep mossies out (they found me my first day, though the hotel did quickly give me a gigantic bottle of Raid) my bathroom had no air /no fan/ no circulation
- room Two was the cheapest room available (I was on a 3 wk holiday and wanted to watch my expenses) --- it looked out at the ground floor bar area in betw the pool & dining area. I had to keep the curtains drawn & the wooden shutters closed at all times for privacy, the ceiling is also low so it felt claustrophobic as a result. It also got noisy when guests congregated at the bar (with the TV) as my room's only door and windows faced the bar.
About two pm on my last day (Sunday) i'm guessing one of the guests decided to plug their ipod into the hotel sound system, there was no getting away from this music (brass monkey etc) plus TV noise while trying to read & or take a nap. Add to that a bunch of kids were playing in the pool, fortunately of the 4 nights I was here this level of noise only happened on the last night
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the three best hotels of charm in the world (Magazine HOTEL & LODGE. Paris, January 2011). One of the 110 most beautiful hotels in the world (L'OFFICIEL VOYAGE, Paris, August 2008), FIABCI award for best architecture restoration. (November 2010) and Certified by Condé Nast Johansens.Casa Pestagua Hotel Boutique Spa, known as “the most beautiful house in Cartagena”, belonged to the 18th Century Count of Pestagua, a rich and powerful aristocrat who gave his name to this mansion with its impressive colonial architecture.Distinguished by its exquisite architectural and artistic harmony, today the Casa Pestagua Hotel Boutique Spa offers luxury hotel services, with the comfort and technology expected by the most demanding hotel standards.Casa Pestagua Hotel Boutique Spa is a boutique hotel with its exclusive offer of 11 rooms housed in spacious grounds, worthy of a first rate luxury hotel.Enjoy the privilege of being attended to in the Casa Pestagua Hotel Boutique Spa and receiving a totally personalized service in an oasis of peace and tranquility, sheltered by its surrounding walls where you will feel like a lord in the Count’s mansion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and Travelocity so you can book your Casa Pestagua Hotel Boutique, Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Pestagua Hotel Boutique Cartagena
- Casa Pestagua Cartagena