1,678 results
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 21, 2015

I knew of this hotel because I use to visit it in the sixties. It looked then like a good place to stay. NOT ANYMORE!! this hotel does not make it to be starred. On a scale of 1 to 10 I would rate it as -1. The room I got the paint was peeling off the walls. The air conditioning vents were dirty yellowish, The windows had no security. The food was so awful I had better food at the hospital. The drinks at a makeshift bar were so bad the bottles had no stamps of approval. It look more like moonshine! The waiters Oh my God! they were so bad, all they did was to serve and pick up plates. No service what so ever. when they served you they almost threw the plate at you!
This Hotel need Urgent renovations. While here the hotel was full of naive guests; and they were doing construction work on top of the guests heads! Talk about irresponsible management! All said, stay away from it!! I WILL NEVER COME BACK! AND YOU SHOULD NOT EVEN LOOK AT IT!!

Room Tip: Don't book this hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2015, traveled on business
1  Thank Roberto L
Reviewed July 11, 2015

When we arrived there we are told that we must wear a wrist bracelet to identify us as guest. This regulation would fortell the rest of our 1 night stay there. We were shown a room that was nice and cool. I noticed that the pillow smelled of mildew. We decided to take a nap, and we could not control the temperature of the room, so we opened a window. They were blasting music below with no apparent purpose. We closed the window. I awoke to a room full of water, slipping and nearly falling when getting up. They sent a young man up to fix the ac regulator, and mop the floor. We went out and enjoyed their private spot on the beach. No troubles there. At night, the mildew smell was pronounced. We changed rooms at about 12:00. The new room did not smell. The TV remote did not work. And, the shower did not work, as it was missing the knob to turn it on. The AC was set at one temperature. This narrative could make a book, so here is how things wound up. When I asked for a minimal gesture of recompense, the manager, who had us wait for 30 minutes, gave us an extra hour and then another extra hour for check out. THANK YOU Sir!. I just asked for a lunch compensation for us. Small consolation for a TERRIBLE hotel. Please DO NOT COME HERE!!!! Oh, and no WiFI. Lobby and 1st floor only. This hotel is in need of a major overhall and new management. It is horrible, and I made an error in listening to local opinion. The one good thing was the food, and access to the beach.

Room Tip: Don't come here
  • Stayed: July 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Omatepe
Reviewed June 28, 2015

Several days befoore our trip, the Hotel called to say that they were increasing the price per night. We refused to agree to the increase, since we had a confirmation of the price.
We paid the confirmed price with bank transfer, as per their request. Upon arrival at 1700 we found out that our reservations had mysteriously "disappeared", even tho we had the confirming email on our tablet. No manager on duty and desk staff was absolutely no help in finding us alternate accomidations. We decided to "camp out" in the lobby until the manager arrived in the morning. At 0130 they "found" us a room at another Inn, of course at a higher price. Stay away from this joint, it is a scam offering a low initial price. There was a couple with us at the desk that were married that day, and their reservations had also "disappeared". Helluva way to start a honeymoon.

Room Tip: stay far away from here
  • Stayed: June 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank JlLKORB
Reviewed June 10, 2015

Check in took 3 hours for some of us. We found cockroaches in one of the rooms, washroom wasn't working and the walls had mold build up. The mold was actually very common in all of the rooms (5 rooms). Beds seem outdated. Elevators, walls, floors, lobby, kitchen, everything is just outdated. It's common to find the patio furniture full of bird's feces. The staff is unprofessional. After a first few hours of a terrible experience, I asked to have my money returned (I was willing to pay the one night penalty) They deny the petition and after a lot of back and forth I received my money back two months later.(some guests from our entourage never received a refund).

I requested to talk to the General Manager and they informed me that he doesn't even live in Cartagena.

I could go on and on, but this will do for now.

Conclusion: Expensive (it was high season), outdated, unprofessional staff, dirty, and really bad management. I wouldn't stay in this place for free (knock on wood)

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed: January 2015, traveled with family
2  Thank Jerry G
HotelDoradoPlaza, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Dorado Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2016

Dear Jerry G,

We want to apologize for all the situations you lived through your stay at our hotel, we are fumigaring constantly and the cockroaches have dissapeared.

We have rebuilt our facilities to make you feel satisfied, our new staff have been trained to give our guests the best of service.

There are some policies like the no show which applied even more in high season.

The facilities of our hotel has been rebuilt and we are sure you would be glad to come back.

Isnel Pinto Palacio
Costumer Service

Reviewed May 26, 2015

I was invited to a conference and the organizers picked this hotel for me. Everything was wrong. It smells bad, check in took 40 minutes at 11,30 pm when there was no one else waiting, there is no hot water in the shower and the pressure is lousy. Wifi only works in the lobby. Everything seems unclean and sticky, it´s the kind of place you don´t want to touch anything. The food is horrible. JUST AVOID IT, even if you are being invited.

• Stayed: May 2015, traveled on business