Hotel Cartagena Plaza
$261
Hotel Casa Lola(Cartagena)
$163
  • Breakfast included
Sonesta Hotel Cartagena(Cartagena)(Great Value!)
$129
$210
$190
$155
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Cartagena Morros(Cartagena)(Great Value!)
$101
$94
Casa Canabal Hotel Boutique(Cartagena)(Great Value!)
$181
$132
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel San Martin Cartagena(Cartagena)(Great Value!)
$68
$152
$121
Agoda.com
2,075 results
All reviewsexecutive floorbell boyhotel offersbocagrande areacab ridecartgenaharassmentlatinrooftop
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Excellent location, great ocean's view, delicious breakfast, definitely I would repeat.

the only exception was the room service, little disappointed with it.

IMHO a good quality/price choice. My girlfriend and me stayed for about a week in this hotel with no problem at all, clean room, towels, comfortable beds and pillows, AC works, 32" LCD TV, good staff.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Jhonny_Jor
Reviewed July 27, 2013

You certainly get less then you pay for. The hotel was in need of repair in many areas. Poorly maintained, not clean, not sanitary (the elevators, when they worked smelled like urine) and the room was only cleaned 3 out of 5 days -garbage remained in bathroom pail for 3 days. A/C leaked puddles of water in two of the rooms we rented - even after we reported it to housekeeping. When you come from the beach you are forced to enter the hotel in the rear at the maintenance entrance and shower off in front of the workers in a small dark hallway w/ the staff and other contractors standing next to you. No privacy and treated like you don't belong there. The food at the buffet is disgusting and room is not air conditioned so you eat w 200 other wet, smelly and poorly behaved people. Bartender does not know how to make drinks and only pools straight single measured shot drinks. Besides the staff not speaking or understanding English, on the 4th night after the minibar not being restocked the ultimate insult was at 9:30 at night when we needed a bottle of water the front desk manager told us that they had none and that we had to go to a local store if we wanted to buy it.. If it weren't for the steady 79 Deere temperature in our room maybe we wouldn't have needed the water! Stay away from this place - no matter how many times we mentioned the problems to the staff they just smiled and never took care of anything. After a long day at the beach and touring I cant think of a worse place to end up then a hotel w air conditioning that doesn't work in the lobby, restaurant or your room. Better off sleeping on the beach. If it weren't for Ubaldo the doorman this place should close its doors as it is obviously its owners do not care at all about their guests.

Room Tip: There is no way to get a good room at this place. Period!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeffs1165
Reviewed July 5, 2013

After a bad experience at the hotel we had originally booked, at 7pm on a Saturday night we had few choices. Expedia had the place on "special" so I prepaid via card and off we went. The desk clerk held us in the lobby for an hour while she verified that we had actually paid. I was forced to use the lobby PC to log on and print out the receipt for her.
One magnetic key made things difficult with my wife and daughter, the rooftop pool is dated and unattractive. Breakfast buffet begins to run out after 9-30 so get there early if you plan to eat more than dry scrambled eggs. As a last resort it worked OK for us but we moved on ASAP.

Room Tip: choose a room somewhere else.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Hammer997
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Unfortunately I been in Cartagena Plaza Hotel, my stay was terrible and It was a pitty because Cartagena is a really nice destination for relax and even for conventions, the hotel looks really old, maid service does'nt exist, I found my room at 18:00 no cleaning up service, no towels....... they give you only one magnetic key???? there are no more extra keys is you are in a double you have to ask and search the maid to open your room, meals are awful, better eat outside even breakfast, dirty all the common areas: pool, restaurant, lobby, etc
Room size was acceptable, beds are good, air condition works, good location but no service at all!!!
It is a pitty because there are nice hotels around, my suggestion is stay at "Ciudad amurallada", it is the best area in town, nice boutique hotels, no so expensive, I believe spend some more dollars for stay at this gems is a really good deal!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jeff-tvl
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I was meant to stay two nights but stayed only five hours. Was given a room on the 17th floor with a view towards a wall. Asked for a better view and got a nice one right towars the Caribben sea (1745). Pitty nothing else was good, apart from good location, about the room. There was no towel so I asked twice and waited two hours but did not get any delivered. The room and the hotel in general look dirty, old, faded, and pieces of walls and ceilings are falling down. Aircon did not work. The sheets and pillow cases look dirty and old and one pillow smelled really bad. Certainly not up to European and American standard. I paid around 80 dollars for my room but I think it is worth around 10, if that at all. Stay away.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo