I stayed here for the first week of January 2012 and now for a week in November 2012. On my latest trip, I felt like the room was worse than I remembered it. Everything was old and almost cryptic. Nevertheless, it was functional and I found everything I needed. Here are some notes about my stay that might help others:
- If you want your room cleaned, it is your responsibility to call housekeeping and request it
- If you want room service, don't expect a menu. You need to call the restaurant and ask them what they have available daily. The menu didn't change in the 7-8 days that I was there so don't expect them to offer much.
- There are only two power outlets in the bedroom. Be prepared to swap out your chargers quite often.
- The hotel charges a VAT tax that is about 10% of the advertised price. They also charge you for the entire stay when you check in.
- The front desk = chaos. It takes forever to get anything done and there are usually long lines of people waiting for help. They have not been helpful on this trip or my last one almost a year ago. At least they are consistently bad.
- Breakfast is pretty decent but it only goes till about 9 or 10am. You are also not allowed to take any food with you upstairs, so if your girlfriend/wife/etc. wants to bring you some fruit, they do not allow this.
- WI-FI******** this was a real problem for me since I needed to work during my stay in Cartagena. The WiFi in the hallway works fine but once you walk into the room, the signal quickly fades. The signal consistently dropped anywhere in the room, causing a real problem during this trip. I asked them to move my room and tried a different room for a stronger signal but both rooms had the same problem.
I hope you have a good experience at this hotel. I know that there are nicer hotels but the nicer hotels are much more expensive. I don't know if I would stay at Cartagena Plaza again but if you plan on staying there, I recommend reading my notes above.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Cartagena Plaza is located just 10 minutes away from the Rafael Nuñez International Airport and only 5 minutes away from the historic downtown. In front of the beaches of Bocagrande and steps away from casinos, boutiques, restaurants and banks. 311 standard rooms, suites and junior suites; Panoramic swimming pool on floor 18 with the best view to the Walled city and modern Bocagrande, also, recreation and entertainment for adults and children and “Pelikanos” Kids club. Delight your palade in our Le Place buffet Restaurant, with the best national and international food, or enjoy gourmet dishes in Kazabe Restaurant and Sushi Bar. Also, business center with wide band Internet, WI FI (FREE) in all the hotel, room service, safe deposit boxes, phone services, laundry, nursery, cafeteria, Rezak Bar Club Disco, luggage room,parking lot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Booking.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hotel Cartagena Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.