“Got my (MAY) Birthday gift here! waht a great gift!”

Caribe Jewelry and Emerald Museum
Ranked #6 of 199 things to do in Cartagena
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We took a private tour (Dora De Zubiria's tours) of the city with friends and we ended out tour here, form the museum tour to the attentive staff. We loved it all . And the owner was so gracious when we were not quite finished with our purchases, he sent our group on to our planned beverage, snack stop and then drove us personally in his car to meet our friends. Thank you Jose!

1  Thank KKB-Texas
Write a ReviewReviews (1,328)

Reviewed June 4, 2014

My wife and I were celebrating our 25th Anniversary. We took a tour through Catagena and visited the Joyeria Carib jewelry store. There we found unique one of a kind to us Emerald rings. The service was exceptional even with resizing a ring with limited time before having to get back on the bus, the staff was friendly and considerate. We would recommend the company to other travelers.

3  Thank Mark T
Reviewed May 17, 2014

If you go to Cartagena, this is the place to go for emeralds. They tour you through the lab,where the emeralds are cut and graded, then through the museum showing how the mining is done. It was a true learning experience. The staff all seems really knowledgeable and there was no high pressure sales pitches. The pendant we purchased is just beautiful and I've had many compliments.

3  Thank Katie M
Reviewed May 2, 2014

This store is the best kept secret in Cartagena. There prices are great and the service is better than any thing I have ever seen. From the time you walk in the door till the time you leave it is an experience that you will never for get. The staff answers all of your questions and make you feel right at home. The museum is other worldly and is an great collection of the Emeralds of Columbia and around the world.

This is a must go place to go. Time well spend. Keep up the great work Joyeria Caribe!!!

1  Thank Frank H
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I can not rave enough about this place. The intial emeralds had some scratches my local jeweler found under the loupe. Not only did Jose send me a new pair by Fed. Express, the next day,he refunded my payment into Pay Pal for sending the others back! I would not go anywhere else for my emeralds. This family owned business is more honest than businesses I have dealt with in the U.S.
These people are reputable and stand behind their product. His selection was fantastic too. Save your time and energy and only go to this place,and ask for Jose.
Tell them I sent you.