Unless you want to pay for a "4 star hotel" which is really a 3 star one, but with an overall experience of less that a 2 star stay... stay away. I almost never write bad reviews about any place, because my tolerance leve is quite high and don't relly care about little details. I'm not a picky client either, so believe me... this place is not good at all anymore.
Coul be bad luck, but a well run hotel cannot have the flaws I found since yesterday, and AT THE SAME TIME!
- No hot water. There were people complaining at the front desk that it had been going on for 5 days! When I asked, the recepcionist told me it was a failure they were working hard to solve. At a hotel, a chain hotel, this simply cannot happen
- No pool! Last time I came they were fixing it, which I kind of understood. But once again today? They told me it was available today, but if it was empty last night (filling it), the water treatment is not done in less than 6 hours. Lucky, unlucky... don't know, but really bad.
- Internet wireless: free! But no reliability. Last night after 10 pm it went dead. And today, technician had to come to fix it (the hotel's). On business trips, this cannot happen.
Since not everything's bad, the reason why I came back is till there: Location (great), spacious rooms, free light supper and breakfast. The guys at the hotel try to do a good job, but the manager is not helping at all. During my stay, the recepcionist told me he would contact me, which did not happen. The people compalining last night said he hadn't showed up to solve their issues in 5 days!
To be fair, it's not the staff overall... they try to do their best!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to a simple, but elegant bed and breakfast concept in Cartagena. Strategically located in the exclusive El Laguito Neighborhood, Estelar Oceania is a contemporary and versatile hotel for practical travelers. Wide rooms with excellent technology services are available for your efficient stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Travelocity so you can book your Hotel Estelar Oceania reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Estelar Oceania Hotel