My husband and I stayed at Casa El Carretero for 5 nights in June. It was the perfect escape from the grueling heat the June weather can bring. The rooms are air conditioned, clean and comfortable, and the bathroom has a nice large shower. The rooftop pool is a nice way to relax after a long day of exploring the city (it was hard to leave the rooftop it was so relaxing!).
Although the location is not in the walled city, we enjoyed being somewhat 'off the beaten path'. It was very cool to see the locals playing all night long in the plaza next door to the hotel. It is a short ten minute walk to the walled city, and we felt very safe in the neighborhood we were in.
I would recommend purchasing water/drinks across the street from the hotel at the little corner store as drinks are not complementary at the hotel.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. They always welcomed us home with a smile and never hesitated to give recommendations of places to go to. We had a few friends staying at a different hotel, and they were very nice about allowing them to come over to enjoy the rooftop in the evening. Also, it was very helpful to have the community laptop they allow guests to use.
We really enjoyed our time at Casa El Carretero and I would not hesitate to recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa EL Carretero is a colonial boutique hotel located in the historical neighborhood of El Getsemani in the city of Cartagena, Colombia. The vision was to create an Indonesian oasis in a century old Spanish colonial home with all the comforts of XXI century living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Casa El Carretero reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa El Carretero Cartagena
- Casa El Carretero Hotel Cartagena