Great little boutique hotel in the Getsemani neighborhood of Cartagena!
We were the only guests the 5 days of our stay, so we had very personalized service. There was a staff member on hand 24 hours to take care of us, so we had a nice breakfast every morning as well as period dips in the pool to cool off during the hot summer days. We'd take a walk for a few hours then come back and relax at the pool.
The rooms themselves were smallish but well equipped with a Bose sound system and an LCD tv about 40" diagonal. The showers were particularly nice with a huge showerhead and great water pressure.
The rooftop pool was particularly nice. We checked with some other hotels and not all had actually working pools - double check if you go elsewhere!
Please note when you arrive, the door is pretty much unmarked. However there's a doorbell on the door itself, at the top left. It looks like one of the metal pieces of the door, so look very closely! We had to knock for a few minutes since no one heard us originally when we got there.
Wireless internet access was a nice touch as well, since that's hard to find sometimes in Cartagena.
All in all a great stay. Would recommend highly!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa EL Carretero is a colonial boutique hotel located in the historical neighborhood of El Getsemani in the city of Cartagena, Colombia. The vision was to create an Indonesian oasis in a century old Spanish colonial home with all the comforts of XXI century living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz and Booking.com so you can book your Casa El Carretero reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa El Carretero Cartagena
- Casa El Carretero Hotel Cartagena