A unique house in the Getsamani district next to the Trinity church which has been restored and turned into a small private hotel with only a few rooms. Beautiful decorations and artwork in the entrance, breakfast area and in the rooms, and interesting architecture - the centre of the house is open with a huge tree growing inside! The rooms have comfortable beds with nice linens and a waterfall shower and lime scented amenities. Also in the room you have a beautiful and very useful fan as well as a/c which you will definitely appreciate as Cartagena gets very hot and humid. Small rooftop pool with a nice view which is a great place to relax in the afternoon when you are tired from sightseeing. Also, the breakfast is fantastic with lots of fresh fruit, a choice of fresh juices, and colombian or continental options. Many cafes, restaurants, and bars are close by, and the historic centre is a short walk away. Highly recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa EL Carretero is a colonial boutique hotel located in the historical neighborhood of El Getsemani in the city of Cartagena, Colombia. The vision was to create an Indonesian oasis in a century old Spanish colonial home with all the comforts of XXI century living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Casa El Carretero reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa El Carretero Cartagena
- Casa El Carretero Hotel Cartagena