My wife and I stayed 3 nights. Location is outstanding in the heart of the atmospheric Getsemane district with local flavour and great restaurants and just a pleasant few minutes walk to the more touristic old town. Felt quite safe. It is an old house that has been most tastefully renovated to "boutique" standards. Staff most friendly and helpful. There is a very small but most welcome pool on roof terrace which we used early morning and at night after dinner each day. There are only 3 rooms ....each morning we met really interesting fellow travellers at the one long table where a sumptious/delicous breakfast is served. We would certainly return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa EL Carretero is a colonial boutique hotel located in the historical neighborhood of El Getsemani in the city of Cartagena, Colombia. The vision was to create an Indonesian oasis in a century old Spanish colonial home with all the comforts of XXI century living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Casa El Carretero reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa El Carretero Cartagena
- Casa El Carretero Hotel Cartagena