This is oursecond time i Casa El Carretero ad it continues to amaze us. We visited the lace back in 2006 and we then went back in this October. The place continues to amaze us. It is located in one of the most beutifull neighborhoods of Cartagena (Getsemaní) and a it is close to restauratas, lovely bars and taverns.
Every morning we were greeted with a custom made breakfast by the hotel chef. They would repare us ommelets, empanadas and great coffee. The juices were always made fresh. The part we liked the most was the pool. We could lug in our iPods and play our own music. It was like having your own luxury estate in Cartagena.
A nice touch the staff did for us was to write us a thank you note for pickig the hotel for a secod time. They remembered that we had been there in 2006. I have repeated other hotels around the world and I have never seen this level of high touch customer service.
I deffinetly recommend the place for anyone going to Cartagea in search of something unique and luxurious.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa EL Carretero is a colonial boutique hotel located in the historical neighborhood of El Getsemani in the city of Cartagena, Colombia. The vision was to create an Indonesian oasis in a century old Spanish colonial home with all the comforts of XXI century living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Casa El Carretero reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa El Carretero Cartagena
- Casa El Carretero Hotel Cartagena