“A wonderful spanish colonial experience”

Casa La Fe - a Kali Hotel
Ranked #16 of 158 Hotels in Cartagena
Reviewed March 27, 2009

Booked online on the hotel's website for 200 000 COP (100$CAN) per night...it was worth it!

The hotel is well located, in front of a little plaza, close to various restaurants and shops. The check in was friendly and attentive. I arrived early but my room was available. The room, on the ground floor (a beautiful atrium) was large, clean, simple. The bed was on the hard side, which I like. A 47 in. LCD TV is mounted on the wall in front. The work desk is right under, which is awkward when you like to surf and watch TV at the same time. Wifi is free. The bathroom is large, with a large glass panelled shower.

The fee included a nice selection of breakfast options (perico, american, etc...) and was a good way to start the day. Good coffee is available all day with little Jet chocolate bars. Dinning options around abound. If you ask, they will send you to the Bantu hotel for dinner, which was good but pricey. Secnd night, I opted for a nice pizza from the pizzeria next door. There is a mini bar, whith decent prices...15$CAN for a Chilean wine bottle...good deal for a hotel. I booked a Chiva tour with the hotel and they offer many other tours.

The pool, more of a jacuzzi, is on the roof, and a good exercise to attain.

I recommend this place!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo

Reviewed March 1, 2009

lovely friendly hotel in the centre of town. Sort of place where you talk to everybody and you learn what you need to know very quickly! English owner helps a lot when spanish not up to scratch, Air conditioning. good breakfast , pool area - basically evereything you need at a reasonable quality, Coffee on tap a real bonus!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2009

For our second visit to Cartagena, we were looking for something that brought us more intimacy, in the Old town. After reading the reviews of Casa La Fe in Tripadvisor, we decided to book it, and NO REGRETS. We loved it.
Location couldn`t be better. The whole hotel is clean and beautiful. Staff is fantastic. Noemi and Luz gave us all the information we needed, and Raider and Vlado were always ready to help us in wherever we needed. My husband and I decided to renew our vows in a cute church on the corner, and the owner himself volunteered to go take our pictures if he was available at the time, or to send one of the employees to do that. It was very nice of him!
Breakfast was good and the whole atmosphere of the hotel incentivates you to make new friends. It is a place I definitely wanna come back to again.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 27, 2009

Great experience from start to finish
Good online booking system, avoiding the need to phone in like most other small hotels in the area
Good location in the old city. Nice rooms with air con and powerful fans.
Nice breakfast served each day in the courtyard - selection of 6 options
Amazing service - when my flight was minutes from departing I realised I had left my coat and sweater in the wardrobe - I rushed to the security gate to see if I could make a quick return trip, only to find of the members of staff already there holding a bag with all my stuff!
Only small downside is noise in the morning as breakfast is being prepared - but if you have the fan on, you cant hear anything!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed January 7, 2009

The property is amazing. The home is beautiful. The staff is very helpful and courteous. The location couldn't be more ideal. When I go back to Cartagena, I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2009

My wife and I returned to this hotel after a prior visit two years ago. We've noticed some positive changes: expanded breakfast options; free wi-fi & some added rooms. We've stayed in room 206 facing the park. The room had a flat screen Tv; mini bar; ac and a safe deposit box.
The staff was great, helpful and willing to assist us with anything.
We'll be back.
Miguel & Judith

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 13, 2008

Casa La Fe was fantastic - spent a total of two nights there - first, in the twin room on the bottom floor - and then in a queen room on the third floor. Both were absolutely spotless - great decor - comfortable beds - I didn't want to leave. The breakfast was good - but what is most memorable, is the staff. The three I dealt with, two women at the desk and the porter, were all very accommodating, called cabs - and recommended to me to take the puerta a puerta service from cartagena to Sta Marta instead of the regular bus. The pool was also a nice treat since Cartagena was so hot!

The first night (in twin on bottom floor), I paid about 80 US. After returning from Sta Marta, I stayed there again and paid about 100 US for the queen room (the lovely woman at the desk actually lowered the price by 25k COP for me..)

Location is perfect if you want to stay in the walled city. I had no problems with noise.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled solo