Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

from $60.00
from $95.00
from $18.00
20,937 results
All reviews walled city street vendors narrow streets within the walls colonial architecture old town every corner walk around horse drawn restaurants and bars carriage ride lots of history del mar south america walking tour clock tower cruise ship
Reviewed July 20, 2012

It's the scent of Cartagena. Going at nights and having a walk or a beverage with your loved one...it's an unforgettable experience

1  Thank Mpni1985
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Very nice to stroll aroud the centro historico. I can recommend walking ON the wall, it will take you about two hours and will give you an good view and impression of the city. Afterwards wander around the streets.The persistent vendors, who all are your best friend, (hey amigoooo!!!) will go away after your more persistent but friendly 'no gracias'.

1  Thank DrTripgourmet
Reviewed July 18, 2012

The Walls and the Buildings inside the city are some of the best examples I have seen in the Americas. Just strolling around the streets, and sitting in Squares and Plazas is very relaxing, and there are plenty of stores and restaurants to stop for snacks or something to eat. At night there are some nice bars, but some of them blast our music later on. There are plenty of performance art shows, which are good to watch as well. It is good to stroll on the walls looking out over the sea at sunset.

Date of experience: September 2011
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Henri Castrillon gave my family a fantastic tour of the walled city. He took great time and care giving us colorful and knowledgable information about the city past and present. He went out of his way to help us with everything we needed to enjoy our stay in Cartagena. He is a fabulous, hardworking, genuinley charming person who obviously has a great love for his city and shares it whole heartedly on his tours.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

I had higher expectations with all the propaganda about Cartagena. The Walled city and its buildings were not as impressive as I was expecting. As other visitior said, Cusco and Quito are better examples of a Colonial town in latinamerica. Even Sucre in Bolivia and Antigua in Guatemala are better in my opinion.
I regret about my choice to spend so many days here, definitely does not worth the effort.