“Good and bad”

and up
Rosario Islands Day Trip from Cartagena
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Eco tourism in Rosario Islands visit the dolphins and more, have fun in our beautiful beachs, enjoy diving, snorkel, dolphins and more with us
Ottawa, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Good and bad”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

This island tour was suggested to us at our B and B so we had him book it. We were picked up at our hotel and were told in the car that there was an extra fee because it was a protected park. I felt like it was a scam, it was pretty expensive to start with and then they added an extra amount per person once we were on our way. They should have just included it in the price, what if you didn't bring extra money with you on what was supposed to be an all inclusive day trip. The boat ride out was fun, it was a beautiful day and a comfortable boat ride. The island was pretty, very rustic but there was a bathroom and bar etc. The water was beautiful. I was a little disappointed there was no sandy beach, just stairs into the water, but once in the water it really didn't matter. There was not a lot of shade near the water for those that burn easily. Since I didn't have a watch, we missed the time for the aquarium which was disappointing, I would have liked to see it. They should have a way of telling people that they are leaving. The lunch was very good, no complaints there. Fish, rice plantains, typical coastal lunch but very tasty. I didn't like that there were people coming around and bothering you to buy things. Again, if I had known I may have brought more money, but I didn't. The ride back was another matter!!!! Very rough and bumpy. We got soaked, as did all our belongings. Once it started all you could do was close your eyes and hang on. I was worried about my camera but couldn't do anything about it. They should have somewhere to put the bags where they won't get wet. I know the water gets rough in the afternoon but I don\t think you can possibly imagine how uncomfortable it really is. If you go, sit at the front of the boat!!!!!!

Visited July 2014

22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Isla del Sol”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

We went to one of the islands called Isla del Sol. Basically independent companies operate the public islands within rosario and you just pick one to go to for the day. we left at 9am and it took one hour to get to the isla. It was nice for a beach and had a pool and bar and lunch was included which was typical colombian fare prepared fresh right there. It was quite good. This is great for a relaxing day away from the city. I believe it cost $60USD total.

Visited August 2014
2 Thank Nibbler77
El Cajon, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“great trip”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

We took a large boat out to some islands had a wonderful time great lunch and many other things to do.

Visited June 2014
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Islas del Rosario? AVOID - EcoHotel Isla del Sol Operated by Caliente Tours in Cartagena - Horrible service”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

I went with a group of 35 foreigners, most of them from London, to Cartagena before my wedding in Cali in july 2014. For most of them it was their first time in Colombia.
My husband and I planned everything several months ahead, including hotels and tours for our guests.
One of the tours we planned 3 months ahead was a day trip to Islas del Rosario for july 14th.
We chose Isla del Sol as we had been there before in a private house and found it beautiful. We hired a day tour called "Pasadía" with a tour Operator called Caliente Tours http://www.ecohotelisladelsol.com/
We started talking to Caliente Tours commercial team since May and explained what we needed and that our guests were mainly foreigners; also we paid the total cost of the tour for 34 people one month in advance.
The day of the tour, we were collected in the hotels at 8am to be driven to the dock as it had been agreed.
We had to wait approximately 50 minutes in the dock (which is normal) and our boat arrived around 15 minutes before we left. My husband and I were sitting on the back of the boat so we noticed that, from the minute we left the dock, there was a problem with one of the fuel hoses and one of the engines was making a strange noise. Nonetheless, our guide Alberto from Caliente Tours and was supposed to be "In charge", decided to leave the dock rather than coming back and changing the boat.
The boat ended up breaking and we had to stop in an island half way through and get off in an improvised dock to wait for 30 minutes standing under a hut for a new boat to come. I was obviously very upset as this was planned 3 months ahead and paid 1 month ahead and the problem was clear since we left but nothing had been done to avoid it. The guide Alberto was INCREDIBLY rude when I came to complain and said that it was normal and that things break and that even airplanes break. I had never been treated like that by someone who I was paying to get a service from. It was outrageous. I called the Commercial Executive of Caliente Tours very upset and she said that was unacceptable, that they were very sorry and that the Manager of Caliente Tours herself would get back to me. She never did. In the middle of his rudeness Alberto said there was no problem because the return from the Island could just be delayed which is a LIE as the ocean after 3pm is very dangerous for the speedboat. We ended up arriving at 11.30am after being collected at 8 am in our hotels. People went for different activities and of course, the beach is beautiful and we were a big group of friends on holidays in a new place so we had fun. But when we wanted to order drinks, there was only one very rude barman for us and all the people staying in the EcoHotel so ordering a drink took between 10 and 20 minutes. The lunch was fish, coconut rice and salad... veeery normal quality for Cartagena standards.
I’ve been to many day tours to Rosario Island and this was by far the most mediocre experience I’ve ever had. Besides being disrespected by the tour guide, the quality in general was very very low. It’s not supposed to be a luxurious experience as most of the fun comes from nature and just the site itself. But the service was horrendous and it took us 3.5 hours to get there and spend 3.5 there and then spend another hour back.
There are day trips that cost 50-70.000 pesos more than Caliente Tour's "Pasadía" and the quality is so much better. I deeply regret having hired such an unprofessional and irresponsible Tour Operator for my guests and, although people had fun as it was a new experience for them, I have to say it was a huge mistake to put 34 people in the hands of an operator with such questionable security and service standards.

Visited July 2014
10 Thank EleoMejia
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“NOT WORTH IT TO PAY”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Definetly this is not an option if you want to go to white Sandy beaches.
There's no tour rhat deserves the money that you pay.
All day people bugging to sell you everything.
No good food.
The only that deserves the pay is the aquarium, excellent care of animals.

Visited May 2014