“best bike tour South of Rio Grande”
Review of Bike Tours GN

Bike Tours GN
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Gerardo Nieto, a native “Cartagenero,” film-maker and bike aficionado who has combined his two passions to present Cartagena in an exclusive way. Tours available in Spanish, English and Italian. Movie Bike Tour: we go to exclusive places and I tell you the history in a cinematographic way; and Manzanillo del Mar Bike Ride, an adventure ride on the beach through mangroves and fishermen's villages, dirt roads and a great lunch on the beach.
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I took a one on one tour with Gerardo and we did the big Isla Barú lap. This is really fascinating. Whoever loves bikes and Colombia shouldn´t miss this tour. Attention: you prefer cars? Do not go!! You prefer your sofa?? Stay home.
For those who are interested in movie locations I recommend the city tour, you learn about history, García Márquez and the sole upholder of Cartagena, Blas de Lezo. Get curious!!!
Chris

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Our vacation of a life time spent visiting friends was further enhanced by our adventure with Gerardo/ Cartagena Bike Tours! Although we did not see the city by bike we took in many historic and fabulous sights, sounds, and flavors by walking and driving! Gerardo was full of knowledge about everything from movies to history. He is the one to take you to the beautiful mansions where movies were filmed. And he is the one to introduce you to delicious Colombian food as well as the South American cultures. What a wonderful time we had with our life-long friends and our new friend, Gerardo Nieto! Thank you for the adventure!

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I took this tour last year and it's really great. Gerardo the tour guide is a native of the city and his father founded the International Film Festival.

He knows nearly EVERYONE in the city, from the mayor to the people who sell sausages in the street and he knows EVERYTHING about the city.

And getting around Cartagena by bike is really not only great exercise but the best way to explore the city. The city is flat, so it's not that tiring and you can't beat the breeze created by riding a bike on those really hot days, which is almost every day.

Highly recommend, particularly on your very first day(s)in the city. It's a great introduction to Cartagena and afterwards you'll have a great bias to explore the city on your own and take full advantage.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

My husband and I traveled to Cartagena last summer, and we wouldn't have imagined that the bike tour we signed up for, would be as amazing as it was. Gerardo was not only an encyclopedia of Colombian history, but he was enthusiastic, tons of fun and very knowledgeable about every site and nook and cranny of the city. I found the tour very educational, not to mention inspiring, as he challenged us throughout the tour quizzing us about the history he had imparted with us. That was so neat, and helped us both retain a lot of the information we otherwise wouldn't have. Adding to this, how unique is it to also learn about the many movies that were filmed there! Gerardo knew where to go, what to see, what to eat and how to explain the city in a way that was not only engaging, but made you want to do the tour again and again. We highly recommend this tour, you'll get every cent's worth and more!

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Gerardo is much more than a bike tour guide he is an angel a very special person.

I wiil never forget that special day in Manzanillo Tour.

I asked for a tour I got a friend.

I hope to see you soon "teacher"