“Dinner was excellent!!”

Ranked #9 of 751 Restaurants in Cartagena
Cuisines: Contemporary, International, Fusion
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Carmen is an exclusive dining experience in Cartagena, Colombia. Inside the walls of this unique space you will find a warm, calm and friendly atmosphere which provides an elegant and modern ambiance and contemporary cuisine with international influences and fresh, Colombian ingredients. The kitchen is the heart and soul of Carmen, enchanting diners with creative dishes highlighting Colombia's culinary diversity. Carmen's menu is based on quality ingredients sourced from local purveyors and in Cartagena specialises in seafood. Carmen was founded by a Colombian-American family looking to offer a different dining experience in Colombia. The menu is written in English and Spanish. Carmen is a "can't-miss" stop when coming to Cartagena, Colombia!!
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Dinner, atmosphere, service were all excellent! I would definitely return for dinner, and would love to see what the guest rooms look like.

1  Thank Danielle H
Write a ReviewReviews (2,394)

Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

The food amazing, but it was too warm inside and I found it too expensive...and I'm a foody and I just don't care about paying a lot if is worthy...

Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

We are currently eating at Carmen's, food and service are outstanding. Pez Negro was amazing. We have been in at least 5 Restaurants in our visit to Cartagena and Carmen's is a most go to place.

Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

I travel to Colombia every year with another friend, restaurants are very important to us, so usually we come to tripadvisor to check things out, we saw that Carmen is listed number one, so we tried... It's by far one of the best restaurants I have ever visited not just in Colombia , the food was amazing, the atmosphere outstanding and above all , as all Colombians , the staff is so friendly that sometimes we did not believe our eyes and ears, if you are going to Cartagena , YOU HAVE TO EAT HERE.

Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

I had the 'pez negro' that was just delicious!
The decor is nice, pitty I couldn't sit on the terrace.
I was not a big fan of the desert menu.
Highly recommended!
Try to make a reservation in advance thouhg.