Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Hotel Capilla del Mar(Cartagena)
Hotel Charlotte(Cartagena)
Hotel Crisor(Cartagena)
Hotel Cartagena Plaza(Cartagena)
  • Pool
1,716 results
All reviewsfloor lobbyhhonors memberwalled cityrooftop poolboca grandetop floorblackout curtainshalf blockbusiness travelold cityfree breakfastfront desk agentshort stayroom keythe room was nicebocagrande areaa short cab ride
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

My family and I never stayed at the hotel, because when we arrived at the hotel there was no room even though we had a confirmed reservation. We booked a room for 4 people via Agoda, but something went wrong between Agoda and the hotel, and the hotel only had a reservation for two people. The receptionist kept saying that they would help us and find a solution, knowing that it was not our mistake. After waiting two and a half hour! in the reception, we were told that there was no room! All they could do was to help find a poor hotel next door. At least we were told that we did not have to pay extra for this odd looking hotel. When we arrived it looked as though the pool was placed in the shade all day. We asked, but both the receptionist from the Hamptons by Hilton and the receptionist from the other hotel told us that it is was in the sun. After spending half an hour checking in, we went to the pool - which clearly was in the shade all day! At this point we had spent 3 hours, and we checked out again! We then found a new hotel ourselves.
We felt ourselves caught between the hotel and Agoda and were hoping one of them would help us but in the end they didn't and just wasted our time.

Stayed: February 2014
Jessica T, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Cartagena, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Dear Natdex,

I am very sorry to hear that our service did not meet your expectations. Unfortunately our hotel only received confirmation from Agoda.com for two people, whereas the party that arrived to the hotel was of 4 people. Per fire regulations, our rooms can only accommodate up to 3 people.

I apologize for the delay in finding a solution to the problem; having made the reservation through a third party, the hotel loses its ability to modify or cancel the reservation without speaking directly with the third party, which in this case was Agoda.com. Our team made a great effort to provide you with detailed information about nearby hotels and options that met your budget and accommodation needs. We had also offered that while staying at another property, you would be able to enjoy our facilities, as it was important to us that you and your family enjoyed your vacation in Cartagena.

I sincerely wish that your experience with us had been much more positive, as every day our hotel strives to put forth its best to everyone who comes to visit us.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I visited Cartagena on vacation back in May 2010 and recruited my friends to go back. We were all beyond pleased with the Hampton Hilton! The customer service was excellent! Our stay was from 1/28-2/4. Accommodations were excellent, breakfast was great every morning (fresh fruit, juices, along with a great assortment of breakfast meals). I must say, the morning reception staff (Olga and George) were an extreme delight providing excellent customer service! The rooms were a nice size (3 of us accommodated the room and were very comfortable). Located literally on the beach, it was much more than what I expected. A definite return and recommendation of your establishment will be made!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Jessica T, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Cartagena, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

@Rene M,

Thank you so much for this fantastic comment about your stay with us! On behalf of our entire team, we are thrilled to read that you enjoyed our breakfast, staff, location, and rooms. We hope to be considered your home away from home here in Cartagena and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Thank you again for such a wonderful recommendation.

Hampton by Hilton Cartagena

PS- Jorge & Olga send their best wishes to you and your friends!

Reviewed February 10, 2014

My Wife and I stayed here for two nights at the end of January 2014. The price was great at COP$196,214 (US$103) which included taxes, but along with the lobby being located on the 16th floor without much signage which was confusing, it was the smallest Hampton room we've ever seen. The bathroom is quite small too, and because of the out-of-level shower floor, the shower door would only open half-way before coming to a glass-on-tile screeching stop.

Wi-fi worked well, but management has the odd practice of changing the password every morning causing more effort for the guests who use it.

The hotel is located a block from the beach. The Old City is ten minutes away by taxi and there are always plenty available in front of the hotel.

The breakfast was typical Hampton fare: fruit, breads, yogurt (strawberry only as usual), milk, and cereal, scrambled eggs, etc., except that THE COFFEE IS INSTANT COFFEE THAT SQUIRTS OUT OF A PUSH-BUTTON MACHINE! Wow!, we didn't see this coming! Here we are in columbia, the third-largest coffee producing country in the world and the coffee tastes like Folger's coffee crystals! So we sat at breakfast on the 16th floor with a commanding view of the city of Cartagena while sipping on…... wait for it…... INSTANT COFFEE!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChrisandJess2006
Jessica T, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Cartagena, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear ChrisandJess2006,

My name is Jessica Testa and I am the General Manager of the hotel Hampton by Hilton Cartagena. I am very sorry to read that after your experience in our hotel, you determined that it is your least favorite Hampton.

Thank you for your feedback about the room, shower, internet, and coffee. I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you personally and be able to review these issues in detail, so that we can take the corrective measures necessary. Regarding our internet, I would like to inform you that just this week we made changes with our internet provider to make internet access much easier and also have increased the speed and power of the network. We are also reviewing options for coffee that would enhance our guests' experience while maintaining the efficiency of our Hampton Breakfast concept.

We hope that in a future trip to Cartagena, you will give us another opportunity to welcome you to our hotel, and hopefully provide you with a much more positive experience. Please do not hesistate to contact me for anything that you need!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I received a great service during my stay. Price and location of the hotel were ideal. I was surprise they had a great swimming pool and a gym. They had all I needed in my stay.I would definetly stay here again!!

• Stayed: December 2013
Jessica T, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Cartagena, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

@Vescaf,

We are very pleased to read that we accomplished our promise of an outstanding experience during your stay, It is also great to know that the fabulous views from our gym and pool on our 17th floor pleasantly surprised you.

Whenever you have the opportunity to return to Cartagena de Indias, please contact us; we would be honored to continue being your home away from home here!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Arrived in Cartagena originally to stay in the Historic Centre of town, but couldnt bring myself to paying $350+ for rooms that in other parts of the world I would not pay more then $60. Hampton is a good deal, a modern, clean and safe hotel located in the middle of Bocagrande. The historic Centre is only a 3 minutes taxi ride, so you can get the best of world worlds.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

@Buzz_on_the_Road,

My name is Jessica Testa, General Manager of the Hampton by Hilton Cartagena. We are glad to know that you enjoyed our service, clean rooms and facilities. Thank you for choosing our property for your recent stay.

We appreciate you have taken the time to share your experience with us and also rated us with 5 Circles.

We hope to be of service to you in the near future.