Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Hotel Capilla del Mar(Cartagena)
Hotel Charlotte(Cartagena)
Hotel Crisor(Cartagena)
Hotel Cartagena Plaza(Cartagena)
  • Pool
1,716 results
All reviewsfloor lobbyhhonors memberwalled cityrooftop poolboca grandetop floorblackout curtainshalf blockbusiness travelold cityfree breakfastfront desk agentshort stayroom keythe room was nicebocagrande areaa short cab ride
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My first trip outside of the U.S. to Cartagena, Colombia was the best time of my life. This hotel is beyond words, impeccable service, courteous, friendly, enthusiastic, and caring to all their guests. As a traveler from the U.S. I found communication fairly easy and I chose to speak Spanish so I could improve in my second language, so don't worry or be nervous about speaking. The breakfast is muy deliciosa, and the view is spectacular. The pool is very large and you can take in a great view of all the city from below to the towering buildings nearby. Make sure you bring your camera when you check in here, because you will be taking some great memories with you that will last a lifetime. We even saw some fireworks from our room!! The room itself is spacious with a comfortable bed,clean pillows, and blankets. The room service went above and beyond all expectations and the breakfast was fresh and ready for devouering. I would reccomend this hotel for anyone of all ages. el único riesgo es que te quieras quedar

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Juan Manuel Q, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Cartagena, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

@Brandon Y We are extremely grateful for your comment and the confidence that you have in us to recommend us so strongly! It is a pleasure to know that our service was impeccable, courteous and that we were always attentive to your needs. ¡No olvide que cuenta con un lugar muy especial para disfrutar de la bella ciudad de Cartagena!

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I went back to Cartagena after almost two months, and found out this newly opened hotel and decided to experience it. No regrets. The lobby is in the 16th floor as well as the breakfast and rest areas; all with a magnificent view of the bay and "El laguito" zone. In one floor upper, the swimming pool with an almost 360º view, including the old city and its walls.

The rooms are very good; the bed is really comfortable; they have soundproof windows and blackout, which contribute to a peaceful rest any time of the day. The breakfast is really good: you can find variety and they are always supplying so you'll never have to wait. There is only one thing I complained about breakfast and was the lack of hot caffeine-free and sugar-free beverages; because of this I never had a hot beverage in the hotel in the morning. But the last morning I told María del Pilar about this, and she told me that if I had solicited that kind of beverages in my reservation, they would include some options for me. But well, it was my last morning in the hotel so I didn't make a problem out of it. The next time I go there I'll be sure to tell them in advance.

María del Pilar (the "breakfast girl”), Eudel (the life guard at the swimming pool), and Obed and Marie (at the front desk), all them were very gentle and kind all the time, and really committed to make me feel comfortable. They give you a magnetic card to access your room and the swimming pool and gym area, as well as to get in the hotel after 10 p.m.m though the front desk is 24 hours. I only had problems with my card one afternoon and they had to recalibrate it, but I guess this happens all the time in different hotels in the world.

The area, Bocagrande, is great. You can find good restaurants, a really near Juan Valdez to have great coffee, you’re five minutes from the old city, a block from the beach on one side, and three blocks from the bay on the other, supermarkets, drugstores, bars... everything you need.

I'd like the swimming pool area to be opened longer (it's only from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 pm.) but I knew it's for security reasons (there is always a life guard), but it would be lovely to watch both the sunrise and sunset from the 17th floor. The third day I stayed at the hotel the swimming pool was closed, but they offered me to go to the Hilton hotel a few blocks away. They gave me transportation to go there and return to the Hampton, and I could use their swimming pools with no problem. This was great.

One thing I know now: the next time I return to Cartagena, for business or recreation, by myself, with friends or my wife, Hampton by Hilton will be my first hotel choice.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Diogenescl

@Diogenesci My name is Juan Manuel Quijano, General Manager of the Hampton by Hilton Cartagena. Thank you very much for leaving such detailed feedback about our hotel, it is very valuable for our guests to know that each and every one of our services are done with 1 main goal: their satisfaction. I look forward to your next visit, and will ensure that we have hot, decaffinated beverages (with no sugar) on hand for you! Have a great day

Reviewed May 14, 2013

This hotel is very newly opened, (2 months ago) so there are a few teething problems, but the staff are fantastic and work really hard to help sort out any issues. ( They all speak great English) The hotel is in a fab location, 5 min by taxi to the old town (roughly US$3), right by the beaches of Bocagrande. They don't have a restaurant on site or room service but they have a good selection of snacks and there are lots of restaurants and 2 supermarkets nearby. The hotel is nicely appointed, the beds are fabulous, with plenty of good quality pillows and sheets. The TV has loads of channels, plenty of movies, many of which are in English. Breakfast is included in the room price and is good. The coffee machine is not great but adequate, for a country famed for its coffee its a shame not to have great coffee. The gym is excellent, great view from the 17th floor, good quality equipment. The pool also on the 17th floor is great, except that they close it at 5pm which is crazy as the sun doesn't set until 630 and its nice to swim after a long day sightseeing. This was brought up with management and they are looking to fix this shortly. The staff were a real highlight, it might be due to the hotel being new,I hope not as they were all lovely and very helpful I would especially like to thank Obed at the front desk who showed me around the hotel and helped me store a bag for several weeks before I arrived. And Juan Manuel the manager, who was excellent and really listened when we had a problem and sorted it ASAP and was working so hard to make this a great hotel. Having spent a month in Colombia in various hotels of varying quality, limited hot water, grumpy staff, and dirty rooms this hotel was a real treat. The pool hours and the coffee were the only annoying things in an otherwise fab hotel.

Room Tip: The higher the better.. View is great
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Juan Manuel Q, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Cartagena, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

@travelbug2013_74 Thank you for highlighting our facilities and excellent service by way of this review, and above all thank you for your suggestions and recommendations. We will continue working very hard for the satisfaction and comfort of our guests. We are very grateful and honored to hear that we had an important role in changing your opinion of customer service and hotels in Colombia. Once again, thank you and we hope to see you again soon at your home in Cartagena!

Reviewed May 1, 2013

When I read the other reviews, I wonder if we were in the same hotel or if they are authentic.

The pool was unsuable due to work in progress (see pictures), even if many websites including the Hampton's one clearly stated there was one. When you buy a hotel especially for its pool, this is what I call false advertising.
The breakfast "buffet" was also a disappointment : no yogurt, no milk, 4 pieces of fruit when we arrived one day at 9 am, is this a joke? We also had to ask 3 times for a bulb to be changed in the room. We had to go to the lobby at least 3 times to change our room key (it was often demagnetised), and the last day, the in-room wifi was out of service...
If the amenities were really available, this could be a very nice place. My girlfriend and I had the same impression that it was opened in a rush, while still under construction. Thus for the moment, it is no more than a rip-off.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JO K
Juan Manuel Q, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Cartagena, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

@JO K We´re very sorry to hear about the experience that you had at our hotel. The impression that we left you is certainly not how we would like you to remember us. I would love the opportunity to speak with you personally about your experience. I will contact you via the message application of trip advisor and if you would like to please contact me directly at JuanManuel.Quijano@hilton.com.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed at the Hampton by Hilton Cartagena for a week vacation and already planning my next visit! I cannot express enough, how great my experience at this brand new property was! From the amazing location in the heart of Bocagrande, walking distance to all major attractions, stunning views of the beaches, comfortable and brand new accommodations to the most helpful and welcoming staff, there is just not enough words to express my satisfaction with this amzing new property! With the complimentary hot breakfast in the 16th floor lobby, to the rooftop pool with magnificent views of Bocagrande, this property is definitely a home away from home for anyone planning a visit to Cartagena!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Juan Manuel Q, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Cartagena, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

@Aggie 10022 All of the team here at the #hamptonbyhiltoncartagena thanks you for such flattering and motivating message. Your satisfaction is very important for us and we await your next visit to your home away from home here in Cartagena.