All reviews old town perfect location rooms are small walled city arepas walked everywhere other guests stay there again rooftop terrace the ground floor two nights the hotel staff jacuzzi lobby walkable receptionist
Selected filters
Reviewed March 2, 2019 via mobile

The hotel is charming, the beautiful little restaurant, recepcion and lobby area and the rooftop are all so nice and inviting.
Recommendation: 1- ask them to give you the room “sagrado lucho” if it’s available, i didn’t stay in that one but it seemed their most quiet and intimate room.
2- dont miss the restaurant La Mistura,which is just 2 minutes walk. Their food is divine (make reservation in advance).
3-only the little bottles of water in the bathroom are complimentary.the larger one in the room is not.you can buy large bottles from a grocery shop a few steps away from the hotel a lot cheaper.
Thank you Santo Toribio for everything!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed February 24, 2019

Stayed at Hotel Santo Toribio over a long weekend while attending a wedding in Cartagena, and would definitely stay here again. Our room was on the ground floor right next to the pool, and we loved spending time near the pool and the rooftop terrace. Maria at the front desk was kind and welcoming and made our stay wonderful. The hotel was very central and we walked everywhere within the walled city. It was just a short cab ride from the airport, everything else was walkable. Our only regret was not staying longer!

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank sheisnotlost
Reviewed October 23, 2018

We loved being inside the walls to step out and explore whenever we wanted. The beds and bedding were very comfortable and clean, the style of the hotel beautiful and breakfast very good. I would definitely stay there again. The rooms on the second floor are better. The jacuzzi wasnt working so they gave us massages instead, yeah!
There is a great rooftop bar across the street.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Cheryl B
HotelC208, Director General at Hotel Santo Toribio, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2018

Dear Cheryl!

Thank you for sharing your experience at Hotel Santo Toribio! We hope to welcome you again the next time you visit "La Heroic" Cartagena de Indias. Best regards!

Margarito Barreras

Reviewed April 27, 2018

I recently in April of 2018 stayed just two nights in Hotel Santo Toribio and come check out I was sad to leave. On arrival I was greated by kind staff and a refreshing cool beverage that was just made out of the juicer. The hotel was beautiful and I was able to check in an hour early simply by asking. All the hotel staff go out of their way to make your stay comfortable. English and Spanish are spoken here. One night I asked for a plastic cup and even though they didn't have one on hand they asked me to wait only a few moments while one of the staff ran out to get me a cup! Que rico. The hotel room was beautiful, the shower had an open window, and staying on the top floors are preferable. I found the hotel to be very quiet and would go to the rooftop at night and have it all to myself. The Jacuzzi isn't warm but it's nice to bathe in because it is so hot outside. The location is the best! just a 5 minute walk from the clock tower and the BEST arepas are made outside by two women who wear pink starting at around 7pm. Across the street there is a high end bar that is also a blast to visit. This hotel get's 5 stars from me and left me wishing I could stay just one more night.

Room tip: Pick a room on the top floor
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Hotel C, Director General at Hotel Santo Toribio, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2018

Dear Michalhg,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your kind opinion! We are really happy to hear that you enjoy your stay at Santo Toribio. Our main mission is to offer the best experience to our guests, and to make them feel as if they were at home. Our staff was very happy to hear your review :).

Get a big hug from all our team! We hope to see you again very soon.

Margarito Barreras
Hotel Santo Toribio

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

We were quite happy with the hotel, service, room amenities, breakfast, etc.
All the rooms are near the lobby, so don’t be surprised. The room was quiet, so no issues there.
The rooms are small, but I expect any place in the old city, in old buildings would be like that. Was totally adequate and charming
I dont know that the staff spoke English... everything was in Spanish
My one complaint is that the room Air Conditioning unit would shut off with an error message at night. The error message was a light, so it was annoying and st some times hot when trying to sleep. I think I saw complaints about this in other reviews, hence no 5. A solution for this annoyance does need to be found. Otherwise, we were perfectly happy.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple