“Kite Safari”

En Colombia Kitesurf
More attraction details
Owner description: Looking for a beautiful and secure spot to kitesurf? Maybe you also wanna learn some Spanish too? You're just right. We offer kite courses in Colombia all year long. Our school is based in the most stunning and secure city in latin america, in Cartagena de Indias, we travel with you along the coast of Colombia to discover the beauty of nature and to give you the opportunity to kitesurf all day long. Whoever is interested to learn some Spanish too, finds his information here.
Reviewed February 10, 2014

What a great experience! Christina was really helpful and helped arrange our travels with kite kit from Caragena to Cabo de la Vela. Alex was a fun safari guide and the trip is as much about experiencing Columbia as it is about Kitesurfing. We had on and off wind, so did not experience Cabo at its best. We loved hanging out in the hammocks and meeting the locals. Hope you have as much fun too! JP

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Went in January 2013 and I highly recommend checking this spot if you are visiting Cartagena.

The beach is very similar in style to Boca Grande, but less packed and with less vendors.
When I was there the wind was blowing consistently from 1:00pm - 4:00pm.

The school is very chilled, and has great instructors. Especially Locsan, who speaks english and gave me some great tips to improve my technique.

Their rental gear is in great condition and the price is very reasonable. Which made me wonder why I ever carry my gear when I travel.

I stayed at the Boca Granda area and the commute was about 20 min in a taxi and cost 15K ($USD 8).

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Nice people, nice beach and a great place to chill and surf, check it out! Ask the guys for some arepas, some grilled fish or some beers. Talk about surfing, music or breakdance. Or just hang out, and grab your kite if the wind is coming. And if Alex takes a ride... don't forget to bring your camera

Reviewed June 7, 2013

For all Kitefan's out there - you need to check this cute kite school! The owners are Christina from Switzerland (where you can have lessons in Spanish, German & English and probably other languages aswell :)) then you have Alex, a very nice kiteinstructor aswell for high level as he is doing crazy jumps! we like to say "hacer asaro" :P - Then you have the whole crew which are all cute guys from la Boquilla! Awesome friendly and funny!

In Europe you are used to heavy pricing, bad wind, hard conditions and group lessons - forget all about this when you come to Cartagena. They only teach you private lesson, very good pricing and in the season you always have awesome wind! They also have the best kites you can learn with! Core Kites! = very good.

If you want to have more action, you can to with Chris and Alex to Kitesafari which also is just amazing! You have a bit of sightseeing and you go as a group to check out other spots! Chris & Alex know them very well so you will just enjoy it. Chris and Alex are also very flexible with the dates, i like to call this Colombia Style :) you just ask Chris and she will arrange it for you.

How you get there is very funny, just hop in the bus with plenty of Reaggeton Music and tell them to drop you of almost in front of the school.

Seeing now other spots, i really know how nice this spot there is! And i really appreciated it. Dont worry about Colombia - it's acctualy very save, especially Cartagena.

Thanks again to Chris & Alex & the whole Crew - they made my stay absolutely perfect!
Keep in touch forever guys and see u hopefully next December 2013 :P

Un grande besooo!
Jessy

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I was in Colombia for kitesurfing about 4 weeks ago. I stayed at a hotel just behind En Colombia Kitesurf and kept my kites and board at the kite school. Each day I went to the school in the early afternoon to hang out and wait for the wind. The staff was very helpful in setting up my gear and catching my kite at the end of each session. It was great to have the security knowing someone was there to grab the kite when the wind starting getting too strong towards the end of the day. I can't wait to go back! I watched the staff giving lessons and saw that they were very careful with the students. The conditions are quite reliable. The wind is a little gusty, but once you get used to it, it's fine. Each day the wind starts to come up around noon and it's rideable by 2 or 3 p.m.