“Best Food in Cartagena”
Review of Souk - CLOSED

Souk
Cuisines: Lebanese, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Every detail from its chic bistro decoration to its contemporary lebanese cuisine, Souk is a must if visiting Cartagena, Colombia.Located in Bocagrande neighborhood, 8th street between 2nd and 3rd. You must try the juicy harissa lamb chops, or the zatar crusted beef tenderloin.Souk´s falafel is simply the best -crunchy on the outside, soft and green inside.Juices are natural and delicious- pineapple and mint, or orange blossom lemonade!
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I tried Souk (Bocagrande) for my last dinner in Cartagena- the food was outstanding! The hummus, baba ghanoush, falafel- it was all quality. The prices are pretty cheap, too, especially compared to the high priced food in the old town.

Do not miss Souk when in Cartagena!

1  Thank Mascara82

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I love love love lebanese/mediterranean food, so after walking by Souk one day some friends and I decided to check it out. The restaurant is cozy and big, we decided to eat in the back loungy corner with cushions. I ordered the 3 (hummus/babaganousch/tabuleh) platter combo as a starter: YUM!!! I later ordered the falafel harisa wrap and it was to die for! I had some wine, but after tasking my friends min lemonade, I will definitely be back for that, it was very refreshing.
Service was very good and fast. Price is very fair. Souk: Cant wait to eat there again someday!!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Based on past reviews, I decided to try this restaurant out. I ordered several things - an appetizer, main dish, and drinks. For my appetizer, I ordered the taboule, babaganoush, and hummus platter. The babaganoush was amazing - I can't remember the last time that I had babaganoush that tasted this good. I ordered a mint lemonade and ended up ordering a second one to take home, as it was so good as well. I definitely recommend trying one of their pizzas - they have a unique spin to them and are quite tastey (more like flat bread instead of Italian crust). The restaurant itself is decorated in an exotic and classy manner; they even have a traditional cushion-seated corner. As for the service, the waitress was very attentive and the food arrived much quicker than it did at most of the restaurants in Cartagena. All in all, I would highly recommend giving this restaurant a try.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

The hummus here is delicious! We both ordered the zataar encrusted tenderloin, based on the Trip Advisor reviews, and we were not disappointed. A terrific steak, and I loved the vegetables, too.

1  Thank LotusLauren
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

It's a simple restaurant with middle eastern food with a twist. The dishes such as the salmon kibbe are an example of a ceative cuisine which surprises you pleasantly. Do try the juices like the arab lemonade. It is also a bonus that you don't have to pay too much to eat genuine middle eastern cuisine.great place for lunch

2  Thank Exploringeurope