“Amazing Hotel”

Ranked #3 of 149 Hotels in Cartagena
New York City, New York
“Amazing Hotel”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My fiance and I recently stayed at San Pedro, and it was a first class experience. The staff was simply incredible -- every time we left our room, someone would come and tidy our space. Every detail was taken care of. The pool is stunning, and our room was gorgeous -- it was a huge, dramatic space with an enormous and clean bathroom. The staff also surprised us with an upgraded room with a private jacuzzi. Everyone was so friendly and helpful, offering refreshments and helping us with our every need. San Pedro was one of the best stays I've ever had -- I can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I spend a weekend in this hotel. The best feature is how friendly the staff is; they go the extra mile whenever they can. For instance, upon my arrival I asked for an iron, and they offered me to iron my shirt and pants for the wedding I was attending. They are also very flexible, something you cannot find in many hotels: my flight was leaving at 7 pm; since my room was not reserved after my departure they let me check out at 5!

The rooms are very clean, nice and comfortable. Great air conditioning. The hotel is beautiful, smells great, lots of small details carefully selected starting by the small pool that greets you when you arrived. Loved the hammock in the third floor and the solarium with a beautiful view of the Castillo San Felipe.

Location was perfect. Still inside the city wall but very close to a street where you can take a cab if you want to go outside the city. Walking distance to everything, and a convenient supermarket with an ATM one block away.

Its important to know that the hotel has no restaurant (which was fine by me), but the rate does include breakfast. The good thing is that you can take breakfast at any time, which is great if you are planning to sleep late.

Loved the hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
naples,fl
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The attention to detail is abundantly clear from the moment you set foot thru the oversized front doors. The Parisian born owner, Laurence Marais ( that's a lady) has put her touch on every nook and cranny in this 200 year old building. It's a paella of Asian, French Provincial, and Spanish Colonial that is perfectly blended!
As soon as you walk in, the small pool greets you with an element of feng shui calm. Service is outstanding, from the people at the front desk to the gals who clean your room. Your privacy is always respected. Also, the air conditioning will turn your room into the South Pole in under an hour. It might be the best a/c in Cartagena, which is important!
I was initially concerned about the location, but it's not an issue. Hang a right out the hotel front door, and you will be at Parque Fernandez Madrid, with many restaurant choices. A right from there will take you to Parque San Diego, and a left will put you on the road into the heart of Old Town. Nothing is more than a 10-15 minute walk.
If you need your gym fix, the owner can arrange one in another property she owns about 10 minutes walk. This hotel only offers an exer-cycle.
They have a Great Continental Breakfast and the Chocolate mini-crossaints are to die for!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank onedumgoy
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My first trip to Cartagena was made a lot comfortable by the staff at this Hotel. Even thou my stay was short, since I went to Cartagena to hop on a cruise, they made us feel like home. Their service was very professional in a warm personal way. I went there to celebrate my anniversary, and they made it a lot easier. They made all the restaurants reservations, suggest how to explore the city and even made a well planned schedule for us to maximize our short time there. They even gave us a gift for our anniversary. Their breakfast is as awesome as their service. This hotel is definitely a must on Cartagena.

At the roof you will find a terrace with an exciting and awesome view of the city, specially at night time. There's also a jacuzzi there.

Since the Hotel is located on a colonial house, the only way to get to the rooms is by using the stairs, so if you have any trouble with them you will miss the opportunity to enjoy this experience. I will definitely stay again at this hotel in a future trip to Cartagena.

Room Tip: Every Room is different and unique. The don't have number for the rooms, they use names, in Span...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Neuvo Arenal CR
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Was a one out off a life time experience , back i time. super rooms, service was great,
we had a great time. brought me back to Europe, at night the light all up with candles.
was just spectacular. not cheap, who cares ?

Room Tip: they are all great
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Panama City
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Laurence Marais and her staff have put a whole new meaning to service. You will be amazed at the lengths this team will go to make your staff at the San Pedro Hotel Spa truly out of this world. They picked us up at the airport in a cab, recommended and made reservations at some great restaurants, secured out cabs and even gave us a complimentary foot massage.

On one occasion that says it all Laurence trying to explain to a cab driver how to get to a restaurant she recommended for lunch to no avail,jumped in the cab and took us to the "Saluo"went in spoke to the staff as to what we should have and than went back to her hotel by the same cab. We paid for the cab both ways as she didn't have any money on her.

The only aspect that should be noted --the hotel doesn't have an elevator so if you have mobility issues unfortunately you won't be able to really enjoy all this pampering. Also while you get a very healthy and well prepared breakfast the hotel does not have a restaurant.

Room Tip: If street noise bothers you there are rooms that do not face the street. And don't forget to che...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple