We arrived at the hotel and were inmediately greeted by one of the guest service agents. Hotel is only a 15 minute ride from the airport and shuttle service was included with our reservation. Upon arrival, the guest service agent took us into a meeting room and provided us with an overview of the hotel facilities and the area. She was very pleasant and welcoming. Check in was quick and efficient. Although the room wasn't ready (because we arrived at 11:00am), we were provided with our bracelets and were able to have a nice lunch. I most say that the hotel is a bit tired and in desperate need of a renovation, however, every single staff member was superb. The good thing about the rooms is that all have ocean view. One night I needed a ironer and when the housekeeper brought it up, she offered to iron for me -- of course, I declined the offer but thougth it was a nice touch. Every single staff member goes out of their way to make you feel at home. I thought the food was excellent and the staff in every single restaurant was just awesome. They really know what service is all about -- I hardly saw anyone tipping them which was too bad. If you are a seafood lover, you must go to the Seafood Restaurant. It was my favorite out of the 4 offered by the hotel. The restaurant option in the old city was not a big deal. The area where the hotel is located is extremely safe - there are no issues walking around, even wearing jewelry. The old city is spectacular. Went there every night to have cocktails and walk around. There are nice boutiques and great restaurants. Old City is very safe and it is a cheap cab ride from the hotel. My least favorite part was the beach because the hotel does not have a private one. You have to deal with the vendors trying to sell you stuff all day long. The massage ladies were extremely annoying. If you want an entire day of relaxation and beatiful beach, buy a day tour to the Decameron Baru - it is worth it. I would definitely go back to Cartagena.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A city of great conquests and conquistadors wait for you in the magical Colombian Caribbean. We open the doors to a strategic hotel tower located facing the renowned ‘Bocagrande’ beaches, overlooking the Cartagena Bay and combining the modern city with the majestic colonial city. Fun and enjoyment are guaranteed in a Caribbean and Cosmopolitan corner, loaded with history that will infuse you with its everyday tropical and “Garcia-Marquezian” reality. During the day you may visit the historical center with its colorful architecture, its monumental walls and narrow streets. Don’t forget to make a stop at the San Felipe de Barajas Castle, a huge building that has witnessed the heroic Colombian battles. Additionally, an intense night awaits with many emotions with music, shows and an exquisite gastronomical offer that you may enjoy at our hotel or booking a romantic evening at our Café de la Plaza de San Pedro restaurant, located in the best area of the walled city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Decameron Cartagena reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Decameron Cartagena Hotel Cartagena
- Hotel Decameron Cartagena
- Cartagena Decameron Hotel
- Decameron Hotel Cartagena