I would probably give a 4.5 out of 5 if TA allowed it. I have no real complaints about the hotel, but to get a 5 in my book, the service needs to be out of this world and the rooms a little more cozy (though the bathroom was quite modern and nice). I have seen past reviewers complain about the price, but it is what it is, you know that going in, so a poor review should not be based on what someone thinks is a high price. This is a lovely hotel, charming in every possible detail. The location is a great launching off point for a day of walking around the walled city or, even better, relaxing in and right around the hotel. The rooftop pool is simply perfect. Two areas with day beds and lounge chairs accompany the large pool which gives you breathtaking views from every angle. One could stay here for days and never need to leave the pool area. The breakfast is very good, served in the open air courtyard which is a wonderful way to start the day. There is a good size gym for those interested (though it is sort of tucked away and hard to find) and the outdoor restaurant which opens at night is a very nice place to grab a meal. Overall the food was solid and worked for a lunch of two, but it was also good to try out local places. The Spa is also quite nice, no complaints there. The service was good and generally helpful, including an English copy of the New York Times' top stories every morning, which is a nice touch for those of us without a command of the Spanish language. One word of warning is that the late night party at the bar near the front of the hotel can go very late and loud on Friday and Saturday, so those with a front of the building, ocean view, be aware, it can be loud. It did not bother me, but I could see it being an issue. There seems to be a variety of very nice boutique hotels in the old city, which I am sure are lovely, but for a larger establishment that includes a world-class rooftop pool, I cannot say enough about the Hotel Charleston. Relaxing, charming and classy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Charleston Santa Teresa is located whithin Cartagena's walled city, a UNESCO World Heritage site. With a privileged location that is blocks away from the Cartagena Convention Center and just minutes away from the contemporary city, the history, flavor and mystique of Cartagena are all found here, at our hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelClick, HotelsClick, Despegar.com, HotelsforEveryone, Jetsetter, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotel.de, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, HRS and Reservation Counter so you can book your Charleston Cartagena Hotel Santa Teresa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charleston Hotel Cartagena
- Hotel Santa Teresa Cartagena
- Santa Teresa Cartagena