We have stayed at the Santa Clara several times and what brings us back is the charm of this spectacular property. There is something special about the old city as you walk around its colorful streets that are filled with the smells of delicious street food, music, and tremendous feeling. We have young children and spend much of our time at the pool. The service is second to none as Yimmy, Domingo, Oscar, Luis/Luis, Claudia and others make my family's stay memorable. Especially this year, with addition of Rafeal and Saith (the pool lifeguards). They were beyond attentive with my children and made them feel safe at all times. The hotel manager David Kianni was constantly making sure we were "okay" and he does it with the utmost sincerity. We stay at the hotel longer than most (15 days) and we were assured (verbally and written) a specific type of room 4+ months in advance. The only con during our stay was that we were disappointed that the room was given to someone else upon arrival. We were in a room not conducive for children and didn't have enough space for us. We were eventually moved when the guests that bumped us left after 6 days. The other issue was the safety of the stairs that needs to be addressed. We stay at many hotels over the course of the year and the Santa Clara is certainly special. The Spa is exactly what you want when you need to unwind as they take care of you from beginning to end. The breakfast is superb and the staff is super kind to you (especially warm and attentive to children). I highly recommend the Santa Clara and if you haven't been to Cartagena then you are missing something truly special in this life!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built as a convent in 1621, the Sofitel Santa Clara is a legendary landmark in the heart of Cartagena's walled city. Transformed into a luxury hotel in 1995, the Sofitel Santa Clara, unique in style, combines the allure of history with local hospitality and the art of French savoir-faire. Mixing Colonial and Republican-style architecture with modern comfort, the hotel features gourmet cuisine, exceptional service, a world-class spa, meeting facilities and state of the art technology for events, conventions and weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sofitel Legend Santa Clara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Santa Clara Hotel Cartagena
- Sofitel Hotel Santa Clara
- Sofitel Cartagena
- Cartagena Sofitel