This is one of the nicer places to stay in the walled city. Entirely walkable to anywhere in be city. The service is top notch. If you like a steam room, then you are in luck, as the one at this hotel has the hottest one I've experienced. Overall a fantastic stay. The only negative thing I can say is that the jacuzzi was not hot. It wasn't even warm. It was cold.
The suite we got is the best in the hotel- the only one with an ocean view balcony. Here's a tip: ask for room 301.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built as a convent in 1621, the Sofitel Santa Clara is a legendary landmark in the heart of Cartagena's walled city. Transformed into a luxury hotel in 1995, the Sofitel Santa Clara, unique in style, combines the allure of history with local hospitality and the art of French savoir-faire. Mixing Colonial and Republican-style architecture with modern comfort, the hotel features gourmet cuisine, exceptional service, a world-class spa, meeting facilities and state of the art technology for events, conventions and weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Sofitel Legend Santa Clara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Santa Clara Hotel Cartagena
- Sofitel Hotel Santa Clara
- Sofitel Cartagena
- Cartagena Sofitel