“Highly Recommend”

Ranked #1 of 161 Cartagena B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Highly Recommend”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Amazing location in Getsemani. Clean, comfortable and charming rooms. Very secure. In-room TV, personal safe, refrigerator, hot shower, and A/C are added bonuses. Delicious daily breakfast. Marcus and his staff are wonderful hosts. Marcus provides invaluable travel insights and sightseeing tips (complete with his own map). Highly recommend!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Tulum, Mexico
Reviewed February 13, 2014

This cute hotel blown me away with its all different style of rooms . I was received like a queen by the owner Marcus who is the nicest guy ever by the way , the 2 colombian ladies who cook amazing breakfasts and smile all the time , and of course a precious turtle who walks by slowly once in a while in the dining area ... the place is simply good vibes , stylish , clean and most importantly located in the best area of Getsemani ; an artsy little neighbourhood safe and nearby all attractions while being extremely quiet . Make sure you take a dip in the jacuzzi on the rooftop , super fun and relaxing ! I recommend this place with all my heart as I stayed there with my yoga group , we all enjoyed it very much .

Room Tip: All rooms are great with a cool and different concept . I tried all of them and loved them all !
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Fordingbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I recently stayed for 5 nights at Les Lezards B & B. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. It is located in Getsemani, very close to the Trinidad Plaza so it was close to the night-time atmosphere but away from the noise of it (perfect combination!).
My room was the 'blue room' which is probably the smallest room but as I was travelling solo that was fine for me. The room was quirkily decorated, using original features where possible. I loved it. The air con was very quiet so I was able to run it all night. The fridge was very welcome (Cartagena is very very hot!).
The internal passageways & little places to sit were beautiful - very tranquil.
Breakfasts were the best that I had in my entire 6 week trip. The staff were very friendly & attentive & my room was kept spotlessly clean. The bed was very comfortable & the quality of bedlinen was very good also.
The Jacuzzi & sitting out area at the top was a 'godsend'. Every day when I returned from my (hot) sightseeing, I headed straight up there - it was heaven!
The 2 resident tortoises were a delight (lots of photos) & 'shared' my fruit each morning at breakfast.
Marcus, the owner, was extremely helpful & polite. He answered all my initial e mail enquiries etc very speedily.
Free wifi was important for me (for business reasons) & this worked fine.
When I toured around Cartagena & around the Bocagrande area I saw the high rise hotels there & was so pleased that I had booked somewhere 'within the walls'. Les Lezards was perfect for me & I'd go back again like a shot.
I'm happy to thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Newmorton
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 10, 2014

My stay at Les Lezards can only be described as 'exemplary.' The rooms, accompanied by a Spanish motif, are subtle yet calming in appearance. The culture of the house is very rich and satisfying. The staff were helpful and caring in attending to your every need. I certainly recommend Les Lezards and look forward to staying on my next visit to Cartagena, a most amazing city.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I totally recommend Les Lazards! I stayed in the Santorin’s room and it was absolutely amazing. The deco makes you feel at home, the room is really comfortable. The detail I loved the most was the open shower in the second floor, amazing for the weather of the coast.
The price is totally reasonable, well located (10 minutes walking from the city center, close to all the amazing restaurants and stops, to every part of the city by taxi you wont spend more than 6 thousand pesos). The service of Manuela and other girls were personal and special. The Jacuzzi works really well.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed January 29, 2014

My husband and I had an amazing time at Marcus' precious B&B. Our stay marked the tail end of a three week vacation in Colombia and was the cherry on top of our amazing journey! The house in located only 10 minutes from the old city in the amazing and colorful town of Getsemani (be sure to keep your eyes open as the town is literally covered in amazing works of arts created by local residents). Marcus was incredibly helpful and pleasant and the lovely ladies who work in the home are amazing and catered to our every need. Also, the adorable tortoises who roam the house grounds are adorable- an added pleasure for animal lovers. I definitely recommend this place and would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

I and my husband spent 3 nights there. Everything was just perfect for us : the location, the calm, the cosy bedroom, the great "open air" bathroom ! The staff is very helpfull, and the owner as well. You ll even find map and small fridge with drinks in your bedroom. The breakfast is great. And when we left at 5:30am in the morning, we even had a coffee ready and the owner was there just to make sure we would get a taxi to airport ! I really recommend the place.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple