“Unforgettable!!!!”
Review of Segway Cartagena

Segway Cartagena
Ranked #1 of 105 Tours in Cartagena
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore Cartagena like never before. Enjoy our Segway Tours through Cartagena's walled city, and bring back home one of the best memories of your trip to this beautiful city.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Asuncion, Paraguay
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Unforgettable!!!!”
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Cesar is a very nice person, really concerned about safety of his clients , and leads to the best and key places in the city. We never drove the segways before, so he patiently gave us a quick lesson. We would definetly repeat this tour if we ever have the chance to come back to Cartagena. Riding a Segway is fantastic!!

3 attraction reviews
“Best way to get in the know, and have fun!”
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Got an amazingly quick response via email to do the tour the very next morning. Cesar showed me how to ride the Segway (very easy and very fun). Then we were off on a one on one tour. Cesar has great knowledge of the city, it patient, and looked out for me so well (felt extremely safe). Great way to learn about the city, history and got heaps of little gems of information for my next week here is Cartagena. Well worth it - highly recommended. And thanks for the photos and great experience Cesar!

Charlotte, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“It was a blast!!!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We emailed Cesar the evening prior to our arrival and he responded quickly with available tour times. I had never ridden a segway before and was a bit worried I wouldn't be able to ride it. However, Cesar and Jirum give you a training session before the tour starts and make sure you're comfortable before starting the tour. It was suprisingly easy to get the hang of it, if you can stand, you can ride a segway. We took the extended tour of the old walled city. There is really no better way to cover so much ground and see as much as we did. We had so much fun we wished the tour would never end!

Visited February 2013
Laconia, New Hampshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The Walled City Segway - the BEST”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My wife and I booked with Cesar a couple of weeks prior to our cruise, and we were able to make arrangements for the extended "historic" tour on 1/25/13.

Cesar is not yet in the cruise ship excursions on Celebrity as he is new. However, check out the RATINGS and REVIEWS and you will 'book it yourself. That comes with one challenge; at the cruise port, the directions can be a bit confusing, and you will have just a few others trying to hustle you for tours - until they find out "your are looking for Cesar, the Segways...and they wiggle there arms back and forth." They then tell you where to stand for the typical place Cesar's taxi contact will arrive; then they tell everyone else you are 'all set and they leave you alone. I recommended to Cesar to give a small drawing on his website; I also recommend that he have a print page that simply says "SEGWAY - Cesar" for to hold for the taxi driver.

Anyway, back to the tour. We are very healthy and active, but we are also experienced Segway riders when we see a good tour - an good operator, equipment and "a tour guide." We find, especially in heat, you cover so much physical ground and you get an equal education. This guy met all of these, and more. We can remember so much about Cartegena, especially the Walled City, and so many of the stops we made and what Cesar explained to us. It was the best.

We noted so many small and large vans and buses pulling up around the Walled City and everyone unloading to go on foot to see a building or two, reboard and do another. So happy we didn't do it that way.

Good luck to Cesar, a Syracuse graduate, mid-20's, who couldn't even speak English six months before he traveled to the US to later attend Syracuse. Imagine that cultural experience, and climatic one also, to go from Cartenga, Columbia to Syracuse in upstate NY? Great guy who will be very successful.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Steve03247
Grizzly Flats
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Old Cartagena on Wheels”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Cesar met me at the curb and we had a one-on-one tour of Old Cartagena. My first segway experience was beyond my expectations - the highlight of our Panama Canal transit. He is very knowledgeable of the history and I made him stop so often for "door" pictures. I will definitely do more visiting of cities on wheels. Weather was sunny, we chatted through the whole excursion, and Cesar was the consummate host of his city. My tour was 1 1/2 hours and we covered as much as a 4 hour walking tour. This is a tour not to miss!

Visited January 2013