“It was a blast!!!”
Review of Segway Cartagena

Segway Cartagena
Ranked #1 of 117 Tours in Cartagena
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore Cartagena like never before. Enjoy our Segway Tours through Cartagena's walled city, and bring back home one of the best memories of your trip to this beautiful city.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We emailed Cesar the evening prior to our arrival and he responded quickly with available tour times. I had never ridden a segway before and was a bit worried I wouldn't be able to ride it. However, Cesar and Jirum give you a training session before the tour starts and make sure you're comfortable before starting the tour. It was suprisingly easy to get the hang of it, if you can stand, you can ride a segway. We took the extended tour of the old walled city. There is really no better way to cover so much ground and see as much as we did. We had so much fun we wished the tour would never end!

All reviews
"booked this tour"
in 9 reviews
"an excellent guide"
in 10 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 9 reviews
"taxi driver"
in 8 reviews
"historic sites"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed February 20, 2013

My wife and I booked with Cesar a couple of weeks prior to our cruise, and we were able to make arrangements for the extended "historic" tour on 1/25/13.

Cesar is not yet in the cruise ship excursions on Celebrity as he is new. However, check out the RATINGS and REVIEWS and you will 'book it yourself. That comes with one challenge; at the cruise port, the directions can be a bit confusing, and you will have just a few others trying to hustle you for tours - until they find out "your are looking for Cesar, the Segways...and they wiggle there arms back and forth." They then tell you where to stand for the typical place Cesar's taxi contact will arrive; then they tell everyone else you are 'all set and they leave you alone. I recommended to Cesar to give a small drawing on his website; I also recommend that he have a print page that simply says "SEGWAY - Cesar" for to hold for the taxi driver.

Anyway, back to the tour. We are very healthy and active, but we are also experienced Segway riders when we see a good tour - an good operator, equipment and "a tour guide." We find, especially in heat, you cover so much physical ground and you get an equal education. This guy met all of these, and more. We can remember so much about Cartegena, especially the Walled City, and so many of the stops we made and what Cesar explained to us. It was the best.

We noted so many small and large vans and buses pulling up around the Walled City and everyone unloading to go on foot to see a building or two, reboard and do another. So happy we didn't do it that way.

Good luck to Cesar, a Syracuse graduate, mid-20's, who couldn't even speak English six months before he traveled to the US to later attend Syracuse. Imagine that cultural experience, and climatic one also, to go from Cartenga, Columbia to Syracuse in upstate NY? Great guy who will be very successful.

2  Thank Steve03247
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Cesar met me at the curb and we had a one-on-one tour of Old Cartagena. My first segway experience was beyond my expectations - the highlight of our Panama Canal transit. He is very knowledgeable of the history and I made him stop so often for "door" pictures. I will definitely do more visiting of cities on wheels. Weather was sunny, we chatted through the whole excursion, and Cesar was the consummate host of his city. My tour was 1 1/2 hours and we covered as much as a 4 hour walking tour. This is a tour not to miss!

2  Thank Norma D
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My friends and I booked the segway tours on the last day of our vacation, it was the icing on the cake! My friends were a little weary of getting on as they weren't sure how they would handle the machines...to their surprise, it was not only easy, but addicitve! We had so much fun riding through out the walled city and we didn't want it to end! We saw places and things we wished we would've known about towards the beggining of our trip...with that said, make sure you book the segways on your FIRST day in Cartagena! It will familiarize yourself with the city. Cesar is really knowledgable and a great tour guide...he taught us much about the history and also gave us great recomendations for restaurants and where to go on our last night in the city. We had a blast! Thanks, Cesar!!

2  Thank Cathyyyyy
See more reviews
Reviewed February 3, 2013

What a great idea! We had done a Segway tour once before in Bruges, Belgium, so figured why not try it in Cartagena. Great choice! Cesar (a Syracuse University grad) owns the company and gives the tours. He's fabulous! The added advantage to doing a Segway tour in Cartagena is that, unlike in Belgium, the temperature in Cartagena was about 88 degrees. Given the distances we covered, if you did it by foot you'd end up in the hospital! Also, do it the first chance you get as it's a good way to get a sense of where everything in the City is in terms of further touring.

Go for it!