“Segway Cartagena”
Review of Segway Cartagena

Segway Cartagena
Ranked #1 of 110 Tours in Cartagena
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore Cartagena like never before. Enjoy our Segway Tours through Cartagena's walled city, and bring back home one of the best memories of your trip to this beautiful city.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I had an excellent tour of Cartagena on a Segway. I really enjoy doing tours this way. Its fun. My guide was exceptional.

1  Thank DallasM8

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Our family of five had a blast on this tour of the beautiful city of Cartagena. Cesar's guys met us at the cruise port and drove us to his storefront. We were given instruction and training before departing. Cesar led the way navigating the narrow streets filled with locals and tourists, on a busy December 24th. His love of the city and knowledge of happenings past and present came through as he taught us about the important buildings and plazas. It was informative, entertaining and mostly fun. His lunch recommendation was perfect.

1  Thank lbs3boys
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We booked this tour like many others off the strength of the reviews on Trip Advisor. Cesar is genuine and sincere guy. The tour is informative and so much fun! The segways are easy to handle and Cesar gives you a little training session before you start.

We highly recommend this tour, thanks for a great morning Cesar and for all the recommendations of places to eat/sleep for the remainder of our trip.

We originally booked the 60min tour but extended it to the 90min tour because we were having such a good time!

If you only do one thing in Cartagena of even South America, do this tour with Cesar!

2  Thank JonnyandMac
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I found Segway Cartagena on line at Trip Advisor and after reading the great reviews booked it. We also wanted to do a cooking class so asked Cesar if he could put something together for us. Without question, our day in Cartagena was the best in our 11 day itinerary and other cruisers were so sorry they didn't join us. We met Cesar just outside of the cruise terminal and he wisked us away to the Walled City for a nominal fee - all the time giving us information about the city and its history. We arrived at a restaurant called Collage and were greated with great warmth from the owners. The first station was the bar where an interpreter explained the extensive recipe for a local fresh rum drink. It took two days to prepare and was out of this world. After that we moved over to the kitchen area where the two local chefs prepared and served samples of several local appetizers. Again, just wonderful, fresh and delicious. Last, we were escorted to seats in the restaurant to be served a local beef; rice and plantain entree with a fresh green salad and the beverage of our choice. The class was 2 hours and cost $35/pp which was a DEAL! After lunch, Cesar met us at the entrance to the restaurant and we walked a short distance to his shop. He gave us instructions for the Segways and emphasized safety. We took the 90 minute tour because it was recommended in other reviews. SEGWAY is the ONLY way to see the Walled City. We got into areas where tour buses could not manouver. Cesar helped us safely cross streets; he stopped if he felt someone needed a break. But the ability to get up close to these old venues was invaluable. And Cesar was EXCELLENT with his knowledge of the city and its history.

In our 11 day tour, this was the best day of all and I have told everyone about it. You will not regret taking the Segway tour. We recommend Cesar and the tour without hesitation!

2  Thank Mary L
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I discovered Cesar’s company while doing online research about Cartagena, and booked his 90-minute Segway tour via his website. He was great at responding to e-mails, and also arranged transportation to the tour starting point for me, which was so convenient - he came himself to meet me. As others have noted, he’s entirely fluent in English (he lived and worked in the U.S.), and he has a great sense of humor as well.

Two other people had booked the same tour I was on, so there were three of us altogether, which was the perfect group size. All of us had ridden Segways before, so after a couple minutes of refresher, we were off! (This was great, as we got to start touring immediately.) I had done a lot of pre-trip reading about old-town Cartagena, and Cesar didn’t miss a single highlight that I wanted to see - in fact, I had planned out a thorough walking tour to do by myself after the Segway tour, and Cesar covered every single thing on it! He gave just the right amount of detail about what we were seeing, and cheerfully answered any additional questions we had. Any time we wanted to stop and take photos, we could. We had all booked the longer (90-minute) tour, which lasted closer to two hours. He also pointed out numerous places of interest that I was able to visit on my own later.

I had thought that maybe Cartagena’s cobblestoned streets would make Segway riding difficult, but that wasn’t the case. Cesar’s Seqways were in excellent shape, and where there were problem areas on the streets, he alerted us well in advance. Cartagena is HOT, and it was great to tour the city without boiling in sweat, creating our own little Segway breezes.

One above-and-beyond thing he did - I was interested in buying some of the local Cartagena candy, which is a speciality of this area, and he explained the various types to me, made recommendations as to his favorites, and even handled the purchase with the non-English-speaking vendor. Not to my surprise, the flavors he recommended were outstanding!

I can’t speak highly enough of this young man and his caring attitude and professionalism in this business he’s established in Cartagena. I hope he makes a tremendous success of it - he’s put the work into it, and he deserves success. If you’re hesitating at all - my advice is, do it! And do it now, while he’s still leading tours himself - he hopes to expand to the cruise-ship market, and if that happens, I expect he’ll have to hire assistants to handle the increased volume. Go for it now!

1  Thank velevele