“The food and service was wonderful”
Review of FM RESTAURANTE - CLOSED

FM RESTAURANTE
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Right next to Pizza en el Parque
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Unfortunately the restaurant has closed. It was across from the Plaza Fernandez Madrid. The surprising part is the service was great, unlike most other restaurants.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Settled into this place almost by accident while we searched for another place to dine. We liked what we saw from outside and decided to drop in.

The wait staff are inexperienced and serve with trepidation. But not bad. The owner is around to take the orders and to see all is going well (a very good thing). We did get mixed up with one order since their "ceviche" is a hot shrimp dish (as opposed to cold seafood cooked in lime juice). We found this dish peculiar. The main courses took long (we walked in around 9pm), we had to follow up once on our orders.

When the order arrived, my cornish hen was not hot at all, the tenderloin so-so and the fish dish unremarkable. The fish and chicken dishes shared the same bed of vegetables, showing a slight lack of imagination in the kitchen.

This restaurant tries, and their premises are very beautiful. But the food and service need improvement.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

The best thing in this restaurant is its atmosphere. It's set in a colonial house that has been restored with a warm ambiance and good taste. The food is good, we suggest you ask for a local cartagenian born waiter they are amiable and kind and take care of the tourist. We had the misfortune of having a waiter from Bogota and the experience was disagreeable to say the least with not such a good attitude from the waiter. The general experience in this place was not that great.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Went there as a couple in June. We are Australian, so eat early, so we were the first ones there at 7pm. By the time we left the piano man had started playing and it was filling up with patrons, and had a great atmosphere.

The restaurant decor is lovely, and the wait staff attentive. English menus (although there was a mistake in it, with one dish labelled fish instead of prawns), good range of dishes.

We had the lobster and rice soup for entree, delicious, and the fish and prawn dishes for mains. All very nice! Not many choices for dessert, we chose the 'creme brûlée' which was actually a Creme caramel, I didn't like it but my boyfriend did.

All in all a lovely dining experience for good value! (especially compared with some other upmarket restaurants around - eg Don Juan)

Reviewed June 14, 2012

My wife and I run into this place by word of mouth. We were looking for the perfect restaurant to celebrate our anniversary and FM was the perfect choice.
The restaurant is located in "Parque Fernandez Madrid" which makes it very easy to find.
The decor is colonial, elegant, and inviting.
The pianist adds the perfect ingredient for a perfect meal. EVERYTHING in the menu looks amazing, so it was difficult for us to pick a dish. For those who don't eat meat, like my husband, there are several choices, and I promise, you won't get disappointed. On the contrary, all the choices were delicious, well prepared, and carefully served. He couldn't be happier.
For those who eat meat, like me, I have to say that this was one of the best meals I have ever had.
In terms of service, we were taken care of all the time. The owner is always around making sure everything is OK.
I hope this review is helpful for you to enjoy a perfect dinner as much as we did