Tripadvisor
Cartagena
All reviews rooftop pool clock tower great location old city walled city direct tv walking distance ciudad amurallada lovely hotel buffet breakfast rooms are nice great pool small hotel plaza pros eduardo cons
Selected filters
Reviewed January 4, 2020

Staff was amazing service was on point and the location work great for us. Rooms were clean maybe not so modern but that was not a problem since the staff made up for it. This was my first time in Cartagena and we barely used any cabs since everything was walking distance. Breakfast was good and the pool view was great. Would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
NHUCtg, Director General at NH Cartagena Urban Royal, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2020

Hi Alicia!!
We are so happy to read your comment. Thanks for writing about the service, location and view! We work to create great experiences in our guest! You are more than welcome anytime in this, your home in Cartagena!
Have a wonderful start of 2020 and we look forward to meet you again soon.
NH Urban Royal Cartagena TEAM

Reviewed January 4, 2020 via mobile

NH Urban Royal Cartagena is located right by the clock tower which is very noisy specially at night. Luckily, at our request we got a quite room facing the opposite site of the torre de reloj. The only thing which is nice at the hotel is their rooftop pool, however it was always lacking the pool towels. The rooms are clean and the shower is good. Lots of the electrical plugs are not working in the rooms and at the rooftop.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hi @TrWorldTraveler,

Thanks for your comments. We are very sorry for the inconveniences during your stay with us and offer you our sincere apologies. We appreciate your valuable comments and will work on the improvement opportunities and corrective actions to improve our services and facilities. Indeed we had some issues with the towels but the problem is already solved.

Reviewed November 21, 2019 via mobile

I had a very early flight to Cartagena and got to the hotel around 11. Most of my co workers were already in the hotel. I proceeded to do an early check in known I was not going to get a room that early. After we completed my check in process I asked the person at the desk if I could leave my bags at my do workers room to which he responded “it’s against the rules”. I said I understand the rules but we just did a check in, it’s not like I’m a stranger. Anyway I was not able to drop off my bags and had to wait till 3 when the room was supposed to be ready, my room was not ready at 3, I got my room at 5pm and NOT the room I booked, they didn’t even apologized and just said I was going to get my room the next afternoon and for me to “calm down” which was unnecessary. At check out I asked if I could see the receipt since I had not stayed at the most expensive room for my entire stay which they refused saying that since it was a business travel they couldn’t disclose prices with me and for me to check that with my work when I got back to my city. The staff was mediocre. The first room I stayed in was horribly painted and had a humid smell. Not a pleasant smell.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Yeison A
NHUCtg, Director General at NH Cartagena Urban Royal, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2020

Hello @yeisona952,

It is a pleasure to greet you. We are very sorry for the inconveniences during your stay with us and we offer you our sincere apologies. We appreciate your valuable comments and will work on the improvement opportunities and corrective actions to improve our services.

Reviewed August 4, 2019

Small hotel, but very nice. The staff was very nice. There was a specific person that was super nice and I regret that I forgot her name, I want to say her name is Lucia, but I'm not sure. The point is that she was great.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
NHUCtg, Director General at NH Cartagena Urban Royal, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2019

Hi @YRTrips,

Thanks a lot for your comments!! Service is our main goal, we are very glad you could experienced it! NH Royal Urban Cartagena team hopes to have you in the hotel very soon again.

Kind regards,

Camila Salgar - Hotel Director

Reviewed May 31, 2019

We arrived at the hotel on May 24 and we were recieved the person of the night very kind, at the time of arriving at the room was not clean at all, we inform Carlos the guy of the night please call the manager of the hotel to explain us about the situation, they informed us that they could attend us at 8 am the next day, which was not real, as only tatiana diaz (operations director) approached us, who kindly offered us several rooms and we decided to leave, but it really was in bad taste because I asked to speak with the manager but he did not show his face, I only know that his name is Luis Hernandez and he did not have the courtesy to greet or listen to his clients, I think it is very important that a manager in a hotel has knowledge of these cases, since I own a hotel in Canada and the most important thing for me is a good staff and customer service

Room tip: I have traveled to many nh in the word but this experience was very bad
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank cathy joy h
LuisH3144, Director General at NH Cartagena Urban Royal, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2019

Dear Mrs. Cathyhoykerr.
We are very sorry for the inconveniences during your stay with us and offer you our sincere apologies, we are already working to correct the cleaning deficiencies founded in your room.
The service to our clients and their opinions are very important for our hotel, at the time of your check in I was not at the hotel due to the time of your arrival, that is why I tried to contact you on Saturday morning but you left of the hotel with your companions and tour guide to know our city.
Tatiana Diaz was in charge of the operation in my absence and we constantly coordinated the solution alternatives that we offered.
Best regards,

Luis Hernandez - Hotel Director.