“Believe the hype. Try the chocolate!”
Review of Gelateria Paradiso

Gelateria Paradiso
Ranked #4 of 19 Dessert in Cartagena
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I'm not much into deserts and sweets but we walked by the corner gelato shop and I had remembered reading about it on TripAdvisor so stopped in so my wife could get a scoop. I had a small taste of hers and immediately decided I would also get the dessert. It truly is excellent. We've since been back and have tried a few different flavors but we think the chocolate is the best. Its a very rich yet dark chocolate flavor, not milk chocolate at all. This is why I like it. So if you like dark chocolate, this is for you! And if you're not sure, just ask and they will let you taste some before you commit to a scoop. We also enjoyed the many unique fruit sorbets, but kept on coming back to the chocolate.

Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely late night ice cream. Cute little cafe. Lots of choice of flavors including some Colombian specialities! Oreo flavor was awesome!

Reviewed April 4, 2014

Walled city...check. Romantic horse and carriage ride with horse hooves clicking on cobblestone streets...check. Tummy digesting some fantastic meal you've just enjoyed, but still...you need something else...wait, a little ice cream would just do it. But not just any ice cream. Here you'll find some flavors you've never encountered, some you have, and some you'd never associate with ice cream...until now. These are some of the best made ice creams you'll ever encounter (sorry Italia, it's true!) The coconut was heavenly, the maracuya (passion fruit) tart, yet sweet, creamy yet semi-indescribable, and the uchuva (a fruit found only in Colombia) the color of sunset, the taste of your best kiss ever! But the one I'm still dreaming about, still lusting for, still missing like I miss my Grandma who died seven years ago...wait for it...the basil ice cream. Yes, you heard me correctly--basil (albahaca). They'll give you a free taste. Give it a chance. It's savory and sweet and creamy and yes, green! But oh God, what an experience!

Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

The ice cream her is one of a kind.. It's a must try..
I highly recommend the coffee mango kiwi passion fruit.. So many delicious flavors..

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Take a break, and enjoy the only true gelato from Cartagena. Cozy place set in a corner. Nice gelato and attention that is the perfect combination to ease the exhausting hot weather of the city.