“Best in Cartagena”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Sydney, Australia
“Best in Cartagena”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I tried a few other restaurants in Cartagena but they weren't even close. I ate here three times in one week and tried about half the menu my personal favourites were the Tamarind Ceviche and the ants!

1 Thank Talia F

Huntington, New York
“delicious”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Our best meal in Cartagena. I thought much better value than La Cevicheria. We had the fish ( I think sea bass but I forget ) with fried coconut rice with avocado's tomatoes and onions on the side. Absolutely delicious. Their ceviches looked real good but wasn't in the mood for ceviche. Had one of the little tables outside and there was a nice breeze. Really enjoyed the place. Great service

1 Thank MJMaher
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Thud...”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

That noise you just heard is this place failing to meet high pre-dining expectations. In summary, the food was good but overpriced and overrated.

It is basically a fusion place - Colombian seafood meets ceviche. Small, 6 or 7 tables with open kitchen (as an aside, they made us wait until 8pm last night for our "reservation" but when we got there, only 1 table had customers).

The dishes are limited and 2 categories - cold (hielo) or warm (del fuego). I had A la Piedra - the first warm item with shrimp and sausage. The seafood sauce was supposed to be spicy but mostly just salty. The shrimp were fresh and tasty. The hot stone in my food I found gimicky.

The menu itself is limited with maybe 10 items ( none of which are pure ceviche which you would find, for example, in Chile ). The wine list is also limited but very overpriced. They also feature 4 craft beers from the Bogota Beer Company.

So in summary, rather limited menu with marked-up alcohol. Food is ok but I was not wowed. You won't see locals eating here...

Shanghai, China
“Goodness on a plate”
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

This is a hole in the wall restaurant that seats no more than 18-20 people, if it rains no more than 15. The quality of the food is excellent. We were offered as a free appetizer the clams. It was cooked in water, perhaps wine and a bit of garlic and it was out of this world. I moved on to the ceviche which was simply spectacular - fresh, tasteful and beautifully presented. These guys take pride in what they are doing and it shows.

The restaurants is an open kitchen, which adds to the ambiance and proves that they have nothing to hide.

Visited March 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing ceviche!!”
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

This small restaurant on a side street of Cartagena offered some of the best food we had in Colombia. The ceviche was fantastic. Our waiter was lovely and very helpful. Not to be missed.

Visited March 2014