“Our new home!”

Ranked #2 of 7 Bakeries in Cartagena
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Restaurante café Casual & Artesanal food
Reviewed June 10, 2013

New to Cartagena. Moved here from the US. We have eaten here multiple times. Breakfast, lunch & dinner. Always excellent! Finest selections of ingredients from meats, to produce. The pastries are delicious! Especially if you go for breakfast when they are still warm. Baked fresh daily. I don't understand the comment about locals not knowing where it is? All of the "locals" I know, eat here frequently. Cab drivers, however, never know where it is. I have to tell them the intersection, or ask them to take me to Subway. The taxi's know where Subway is, sometimes! So, it depends on which type of "local" you are asking. Just saying... Anyway, this is my favorite restaurant. It's immaculate & also very kid-friendly.

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

My husband was transferred to Cartagena for the next two years. After a few weeks in Cartagena, we were walking one evening and just stopped in for a bite to eat. No rhyme or reason for picking this place amongst the hundreds along this street. We have been here 4 months and it is my favorite place to eat. Breakfast is wonderful. You can choose different international flavors. The French bread and Croissants are fresh and mouth watering. The thin crusted pizza is my favorite lunch/dinner menu item.....pepperoni.
Probably my only complaint is when the restaurant is full, it is extremely noisy......maybe if the music was just a bit louder it might drown out the voices.

1  Thank blakbimmer
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Great place to eat or drink! Everything is fresh and comparing it with most places here in Cartagena you will be amazed with the great atmosphere, service and of course the quality of the food. Not to mention the prices for the quality that you receive. One of the places you have to try!

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I have been to this place too many times to count, for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The food is always great! Everything is good but breakfast is by far my favorite, especially since it is one of the few places in town open early even on Sundays.

I say small meal on the title because the servings here are never too big (especially not to a Texan) The food is great and never too heavy, even the thin crust pizzas. If i had to make one complaint on the food it would be the desserts, they are never as fresh as the rest of the meals. But the good cappuccino always makes up for any of it.

The staff is very friendly and the owner is almost always there talking with customers. I read one of the other reviews that said no crussiants and am not sure where that came from I have always found plenty and often order one with any meal I eat.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

based on previous reviews, we planned our morning walk from the walled city to include a trip to La Brioche. Firstly, it is very difficult to find and none of the locals we asked had ever heard of it. Bad sign number one. We finally found it and arrived at 8:30 am. It was empty. The only food in the case were 4 or 5 pastries and a danish or two. Hungry and looking forward to a cafe au lait and a croissant, the server told us she did not have any and that they should be arriving in a half an hour. We then asked for maybe a baguette and she told us the baguettes will not be ready until 5pm! As a consolation she offered a small basket of toasted colombian bread and some butter. There was no jelly available either. The coffee, while good was your typical colombian coffee. Worst experience in Cartagena.

1  Thank marielynne
FPcat, Gerente at La Brioche, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

We really understand your situation and we are very sorry you didn't have a good experience in our coffee. Based in your comments we will like to explain the different points that you mentioned.

-Firstly, we understand that it´s not easy to find directions in Cartagena when you’re walking, but we will take in to account your comment in order to improve our visibility.

-In our coffee we make and offer exclusively French bakery.

-We understand that all of our customers will like to find all our products early in the morning and we will work on it to make it possible but sometimes the local weather influence in the time of production since we produce only fresh and free of chemicals.

-Our purpose is to please all of our customers, local and international, so we apologize and thank you very much for your review since it will help us improve.

We will be pleased to invite to our coffee in your next trip to let us change your point of view.