“Fantastic restaurant!”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Chicago, Illinois
“Fantastic restaurant!”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I've read several reviews of people saying the food wasn't that good and am wondering if they ate at the same restaurant I did. The food was fantastic and by far some of the best I had on my trip to Colombia. The cocktails were also excellent. I normally like to try new things while travelling and very rarely eat at the same restaurant more than once but the food was so good there I went back several times. The decor was very nice and I had no issues with the service at all. I would highly recommend this place if you are looking for a fantastic restaurant is Cartagena.

• Visited March 2012

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice Place for Authentic Cartagenan Cocktails while Watching a Show”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

A local friend took me here and told me that the place has some of the best cocktails in cartagena. She recommended the Macondo Verde and we both ordered the same drink. Very delicious and refreshing, with lots of fresh mint which I love. There was a traditional dance performance that started around 9pm and invited guests to join at the end of the show. It was very colorful and the owner took the time to send pictures of us dancing with the dance group to our email addresses which I thought was a nice personal touch.

• Visited June 2012
Santa Marta, Colombia
“bad service”
Reviewed May 20, 2012

It looks like a nice place and advertises 2x1 drinks during happy hour. So we went in with my boyfriend cause I wanted to have a drink. My boyfriend was not so excited about having a drink. Anyway I ordered two mojitos since it was happy hour. and the lady said that happy hour two for one is personal offer. So they cannot give one mojito for me and one for my boyfriend. So I said okey.. I will just have one for myself so two just for me. Lady got really angry about my boyfriend not ordering anythign and service was really slow. She only brought me one drink first and when i had finished that, only then i could get the second. REally bad feeling. You dont feel like going there again.

• Visited May 2012
borisain, Gerente at La Plaza de Macondo, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Dear Mrs. Johanna,

Thanks for your review, you're right and on behave of La Plaza de Macondo's staff we apologige for the inconvinience. We have change the policy of happy hours to the table for futures costumers. In the other matter of the waitress, we have traind again all of the staff for better comunication to the costumers avoiding bad messages such as angry on a take of orders.

Again we apologize for the inconvinience and thanks you for taking the time to let us know about your experience so that way we can correct our service, please extend this to your boyfriend as well.

san francisco, ca
“Wanted to love it, but food was disappointing”
Reviewed May 20, 2012

We read great reviews on the food, even though the atmosphere sounded a little kitschy/tourist, we thought it could be fun & that street in Getsemane seems up and coming. Staff was sweet & attentive, traditional music was blaring but fun, and decor was pretty over the top touristy...food pretty dry & bland - after the explosion of flavors we've had in Cartagena it just didn't hold up. Might be fun in the high season if you really want to see some traditional dance, but overall I tend to shy away from the more tourist fabricated experience. Can't say I would recommend to any of my friends.

• Visited May 2012
borisain, Manager at La Plaza de Macondo, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thanks for taking the time to write us about your expirience in our restaurant.

We are depply sorry for not fullfill your expertacion about the place, but this review will help us improve the recepies, and the ambiance of the place.

Once more thanks for letting us know your comments.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Alright”
Reviewed March 23, 2012 via mobile

The food is good, the environment is excellent, the music gives u a good approach about Colombian party, but they charge u for everything which is not bad when is something significant. For instance I ordered a sauce which was added to my bill, come on a sauce!!! didn't like that small detail.

Additionally some of the cocktails are not as good as u expected, I just recommend the Colombian mojito.

1 Thank Juliethp
borisain, Gerente at La Plaza de Macondo, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Dear Mrs. Julieth,

Thanks for taking the time to write us about your expirience in our restaurant.

We are depply sorry for the inconvinience caused but to be honest as you are to us, the firsts months that we opened sadly many costumers ask for souces that wasn't really needed with the dinner and as you know everything that comes back from a table goes to the trash, jars of souces thrown away becouse costumers have it for free and didn't care about it and you most know that we are triying to run a bussines.

American Airlines stopped adding and olive to their sandwich decorantion and save thousens of dollars and reinverst them to improve other services as we are doing.

on the other matter, thanks to your comment we are cheking the coctail recepies to making them much better to the costumers.

Once more thanks for letting us know your comments.