We went here with my wife and children as a 6-day vacation, and we (especially the children) had a great time. The place is well-kept, staff are numerous and kind (AND extremely attentive), and our room was just in front of the beach. The hotel is definitely a nice place to be in.
Three caveats, though:
- The beaches in Cartagena are pretty filthy, and I was surprised by the fact that this hotel has a concession to maintain this beach (so I understand) but it's still filthy! This is not such a nice thing, especially when you're helping your son do a sand castle and after digging for two minutes you find all sorts of stuff buried there....
- The hotel is pretty pricy, and (as any hotel, I know) they charge for absolutely everything that is not part of your package very expensive. We ended up paying 300 USD additional after having paid almost 3 thousand USD for the package of "almost all included".
- The location is not necessarily the best (way up north), but they have a bus every two hours or so which takes you to the airport, Walled City and to the City proper. So I guess it's not that bad, plus taxis are anyway pretty cheap in Cartagena.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Las Americas Casa de Playa hotel is a tropical resort located on the Caribbean Sea in the northern of Cartagena de Indias. It offers 2 swimming pools, 2 bars: La Isla and El Chicho; mini golf course, tennis court and the kids club "Star Captain". There are boutiques, jewelry store and free WiFi in all areas. Rooms at the Hotel Las Americas Casa de Playa feature private balconies with hammocks, air conditioning, ceiling fan, minibar, free WiFi and satellite flat-screen TV. The Hotel has the Meson de Don Cristobal restaurant where guests can enjoy a variety of traditional and international dishes and between the resorts garden has the Fogon del Navegante restaurant, where succulent steaks and grilled seafood are offered, accompanied by fresh salads . Hotel Las Americas Casa de Playa is 5 minutes drive from Rafael Nunez International Airport and 10 minutes drive to the walled city of Cartagena. It has reception service 24 hours and free private parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Las Americas Casa de Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.