“Service was good, food was average”
Review of Krioyo

Krioyo
Ranked #392 of 730 Restaurants in Cartagena
Cuisines: Caribbean, Colombian, Seafood, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Idyllic Atmosphere of Our land. One Looking back, where dreamsAnd the magical flavors of the kitchen blend to satisfy your senses.
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We had great service, although we were not at the restaurant at a busy time. But the food wasn't great, we got La Bamba ceviche and it was over seasoned and almost mayonnaise-based. For our entree we got the seafood soup and again the seafood wasn't tender they way it should be in a soup, it reminded me of the typical way bad american seafood restaurants cook octopus and squid to the point where it's rubbery and flavorless. However, all in all the place was nice because the ambiance was fun and the waitress was attentive and nice.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We really wanted to like this place BUT instead we were left frustrated and wanted to leave.
our group - indian, turkish and two canadian.
we were seated promptly and we loved the decorations and the quirkiness of the seating arrangements. the place had character. we were so excited to eat here and then things went down hill.
we ordered 3 beers and one of my friends wanted a fruity drink cuz we saw a few people drinkign it. WE WERE TOLD THEY STOPPED MAKING THEM FOR THE EVENING.
no problem. she ordered another drink.
then we waited and waited some more.. and some more.. and some more..40MIN LATER, WE COMPLAINED TO THE MANAGER - Response, i am so sorry i will get the beers to you asap.
10 MINUTES TO GET BEERS..
FOOD- The sandwichs mentions avacado, BUT THERE WAS NONE, we asked polietly they told us no problem we will get it. AND THEY IGNORED US .
THE FOOD WAS GIVEN TO US AN HOUR AND HALF SINCE WE PLACED THE ORDER.
you might be wondering why i played the race card on my heading. here's why.
groups of people who came in after us, had they food BEFORE WE GOT OUT DRINKS and they also had cocktails etc given to them, which they told us they didnt make. IF YOU SPOKE SPANISH YOU GET PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT.

agreed out spanish was not stellar BUT the manager spoke english, and seriously how difficult was it to open 3 bottles of beers. We had to go ask them every 15 min where our food was and what happened to our beers.

I REGRET HAVING SPENT MONEY AT THIS ESTABLISHMENT.
i wanted to love this place BUT ITS NOTHING BUT DISSAPOINTMENT. YUCK......

Reviewed October 8, 2013

The food was good and our waiter was nice with the exception of a few weird situations that we experienced.

I was served an old wine that tasted so vinegary; it was so terrible that I had to send back. The waiter was nice about it but then he told me that his manager wouldn't allow him to serve another glass to me unless I bought a bottle. I was the only one drinking wine so I couldn't order an entire bottle for myself so I declined. About 10 minutes later he came back and said that he could serve me a glass of wine. He encouraged me to buy a bottle but a glass is 12,000 and the bottle was 90,000 so theoretically it should have been closer to 60,000. Major up-charge.

When our bill came they charged us 89,000 for my meal but the menu indicated that it was 29,000. He claimed that 89,000 was the correct price because of TAX but no other entree incurred a 300% tax. He wouldn't fix it until we got the menu and showed him that it should actually be 29,000.

When he finally agreed to adjust the price, I was feeling pretty uncomfortable so I asked for the receipt as my husband counted the money. When he brought the receipt my husband asked where the rest of our change was and he then took out $12 and handed it to him. He asked why he didn't bring the rest of the change until he asked for it. His response, "what does it matter, here is the rest of the change".

As much as I've traveled, I always try to give others the benefit of the doubt but I had a hard time understanding anything other than dishonesty and shady behavior. Its a shame because the food is good and the patio is nice but I don't like condoning to poor service and people that so blatantly rip others off.

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I've brought from visitors from out of town to my family. More than 4 times this year. This place has never let me down and always surprises me with constant quality. I hope they keep it like that always and never decrease in quallity. They even had english speaking waiter. Not a lot variety but simple enough. All dishes I and my guests tried were top quality(I'm very picky since I myself cook and travel a lot). The taste is local Colombian caribbean dishes displayed gourmet and fancy but keep the original taste (krioyo means creole). Sandwiches are good to great. Cocktails also. Good music, be it live or from the speakers. Great location after walking the historic center. Fantastic decoration rustic with nice garden patio inside. Owners please keep it real and great!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Was there with 4 members of our family. Amazing place, decoration and the ambiance was quiet impressive. The owner and her son Luis were outstanding hosts and went all their ways to make our dining experience one to remember. Food was creative and delicious and all together priced correctly.Will absolutely recommand this place to anyone who would experiment excellent traditionnal food in a very relaxing atmosphere combined with a touche of internationnal class.
Luis speaks very well english and will nicely answer your questions about the multiple and beautiful artifacts surronding your dinner experience.Salutations de Montréal, Canada.
Bon appétit.