Tour in Cartagena with Marelvy Pena-Hall
Open today: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Tour in Cartagena with Marelvy Pena-Hall tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around Cartagena
from $23.15
from $29.00
from $24.00
from $35.00
More Info
All reviews la popa cruise ship parting gift old city beautiful city san felipe wonderful guide air conditioned van city highlights fluent in english island princess local dance colombian coffee wealth of knowledge highest point emerald museum local history
Selected filters
Reviewed January 15, 2017

Marelvy met our group with a warm smile and hug. We travelled in a very new bus and visited amazing sights which included the fort and old town with church. We stopped for refreshments in the heat between the great information, history and question answering. Nothing was a problem for Marelvy. We had two children and Marelvy made it interesting and fun for them and included Sloth cuddles.

Date of experience: February 2016
1  Thank Aussiesalso
Reviewed January 14, 2017

I set up a tour with Marelvy after reading trip Advisor reviews. I formed a group of 14 through Cruise Critic and then added a few more after getting on our ship. The hardest part was finding her and the bus once we got off the ship in Cartagena! Once we got going it was great. She showed us all the highlights of the city in a limited amount of time but we didn't feel rushed. We started at La Popa and got a great view of the city from the highest point, visited the Fortress, toured the old walled city and had a chance to do a little shopping in the plazas.. Marelvy had a tremendous knowledge of her city, was easy to understand and very personable.

1  Thank Susan K
Reviewed January 12, 2017

We were a cruise critic self formed group of 14 and I had contacted Marelvy by email weeks before the New Years cruise on Norwegian Pearl. All communications were promptly responded to and Marelvy rep was there to meet us from the ship.
Catagena is very busy at that time of year so lots of traffic. We started at the top the highest point of Catagena for the tour of La Popa. Very informative. Marelvy clearly knows her country's history. Next we went to Castille San Filipe for a photo op. Finally we visited the old walled city, historical buildings and churches before having 1 hour free time to wonder the Plazas and grab a local beer and some empanadas in Plaza San Domingo. This lady goes above and beyond for her guests. She gave each of us a souvenir painting by her husband and after mentioning I wanted to pick up some special coffee brand my daughter in law had told me about I had ran out of time, I got back to the bus and this sweet lady had picked me up a large jar of it. Bless you Marelvy! A very well respected lady in Cartagena.

Reviewed January 4, 2017

Not a criticism as we were able to find her, but it would be more helpful if the tour company could have a large sign so they stand out more on the dock as there are lots of tours being picked up at the same time. We were a group of 10 and we ordered a private tour which was well worth it. From the minute we met, Ben was very friendly and we quickly were able to joke around with him. The tour was organized in advance but because there were 4 ships in port that day, he reorganized the stops to avoid the mass of tourists arriving at the same time to the same destination which was a huge benefit for us. The stops were great (traveller's FYI if you take pictures of the ladies in costume at the fort you must pay them $1 which I didn't realize when I took her picture). Loved old town and we had the opportunity to sneak a peak in Donde Fedel for a quick salsa which really was a highlight for us as we all belong to a dance studio. Another FYI is there is lots of the same merchandise for sale by the streets vendors so if you can't get the price you want to pay keep looking. Ben was very knowledgeable and answered our questions easily. Unfortunately we were only in town for the day so there is so much more we would like to explore. We felt completely safe and in fact, Ben put such a good spin on the tour and the City that if the opportunity arises, we would most definitely go back to Cartagena which I would not say about the some of other stops on our cruise.

Date of experience: November 2016
Reviewed January 4, 2017

We traveled to Cartagena on a cruise and I had contacted Marelvy about a tour. We were a self formed small group of 12 and the tour started with friendly greetings and hugs- I knew it would be great! Her plan to visit La Popa first, before the crowds, gave us plenty of time to view Cartagena from its highest point and also saved us the need to climb the Fortress of San Felipe for the view. The itinerary also included a walk along the sea wall, various sights in the Old Walled City including the main Plaza, historic buildings, quaint alleyways and ending with shopping.
Truly a memorable experience- Gracias Marelvy!
Her personality, kind nature and vast knowledge of HER Cartagena gave us an amazing view of the old and new City. Everywhere we went, she greeted people and was greeted by people- which to he she is well respected in this City.