“Great Dive Operation”
Review of Buzos de Baru

Buzos de Baru
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: BUZOS DE BARU dive center Baru is a PADI RESORT over 15 years continuous operation in the city, positioned as one of the best diving schools Cartagena. We have qualified PADI instructors and trained staff for teaching and Guidance diving, we like to make long dives and go to the most beautiful places possible for each day depending on the climate in the area. We will see a great variety of fauna and flora, the temperature of the water is very nice and comfortable you don’t even need a wetsuit, the visibility is excellent almost all year long and we have more than 30 dive spots and types of dives that you can choose from. The dives are characterized for the beauty of the coral, the great visibility and the great variety of life you will see. The coral is in great shape and there are hundreds of small but beautiful reef fish just waiting to be admired by you, so what are you waiting for, come down and visit us and let the adventure begin. Our dive leaders always carry under water digital cameras and the pictures are included in the dive plan.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed September 21, 2017

Really enjoyed diving with this dive shop. Everything ran smoothly and they made sure we all enjoyed our dives, despite there being a broad range of experiences in the divevrs on the boat.

operacionesmaritimas, Propietario at Buzos de Baru, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2017

All reviews
"no additional charge"
"diving school"
"these guys"
in 4 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
"take photos"
in 17 reviews
"instructor"
in 21 reviews

Reviewed September 8, 2017

My friend and I were going around different diving centers in Cartagena; she wanted to dive and I wanted to do some recreational diving.
We were quite disappointed by a couple of them, and the last one to visit was Buzos de Baru. Our expectations at that point were quite low, mostly in customer service vs price, offering and flexibility.

I ended up doing my PADI open water and my friend dived for 3 days instead of 2. I guess this says enough on how great these guys are. Their professionalism and ethics are outstanding. They know what they are doing, where to go, they are very open in explaining it to you; they accommodate needs and ensure you have an unforgettable experience.

I did my openwater with Santiago, and I'm so glad I did! He's extremely professional, serious and rigorous, but has a cracking sense of humour. You will learn with him and he will want to be 200% sure that you understood everything. He doesn't mind repeating things twice or three times if needed. Safety first.

Even if you are an experienced diver and you need some support or refreshment somewhere, they will not mind at all to go through all steps to make sure you have a great time.

We had a great time and I'd highly recommend them for your diving adventures around Cartagena!

Hi, thank you very much for your word. Now to contiinue diving!!!

Reviewed August 1, 2017

As a first-time scuba diver, this was an amazing experience. Diving is an amazing experience on its own, like anything else, it is much better when working with people who have GREAT customer service. Instructors and staff go the extra mile to accommodate your schedule and make sure you are safe and HAVE FUN. Dives were all well organized, instructors are friendly, patient and very knowledgeable. I definitely will Dive with Buzos de Baru next time I am in Cartagena.

Reviewed July 28, 2017 via mobile

Nice diving school. Good equipment. Kind people. Speak good Englisch. Fresh fruit on the boat. The instructor was very calm when I panicked.