“Good ceviche”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Perla

La Perla
Ranked #47 of 669 Restaurants in Cartagena
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Alemania
“Good ceviche”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

We went to La Perla for lunch and had a very pleasant experience. Food was excellent and service friendly. Definitely y special style of food, no mainstream, varied but well balanced. Very good ceviches. I was a little bit disappointed about choice of wines (whites). Would have liked more choice.

• Visited January 2013

Bogota, Colombia
“Best Ceviche you can dream of”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

La PErla has the secret to the most delicious ceviche I have ever had. Every time I go to Cartagena we stop by here just because Ceviche is on their menu!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank MColijn
Sao Paulo, SP
“Very nice place with great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Fresh fish seasoned to perfection, great service and fair price. Desert and wine options could be improved. A very good choice for dinner in Cartagena.

1 Thank MaxMauser
La Perla C, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at La Perla, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for your review and your recommendations about deserts and wine..we already sent this to the deparmtent in charge and we hope to solve this as soon as possible.

Lokking forward to hear from you soon
Redondo Beach, California
“Pearl among swine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

What a gem! The best restaurant in Cartagena! I had their signature martini, delish! appetizers, Shrimp cocktail and grilled octopus, yummy! Mains, Fish stew and grilled Seabass over risotto, wonderful! Shared a dessert, three milk soft custard with arequipe cream cheese, 10 out of 10! Food, service. Went back for second visit for our last night in Cartagena. Superb! Signature martini :) Cartagenian style shrimp cerviche, Seabass over lentils, yum! stuffed squid with veg,shrimp and creamy rice., fab! A bit difficult to cut, needed sharper knife. Squid ink on plate as decoration, makes a big mess on plate! But the taste is fantastic! They were out of the Disaronno orange carpaccio with lychee ice cream and gave us the limeno foam with meringue to try for free. We are not fans of meringue and the foam just wasn't our taste. Nothing wrong with it just not for us. A great end to a great wek in Cartagena.

2 Thank Biananaingeal
Hello,

Thank you for a wonderfull review and we are happy you enjoyed our martini and our food. We are also happy you had a second visit, so it says you really enjoyed the food at La Perla restaurant.

We are looking forward for your next visit and make it more special.

Have a nice day.
New York City, New York
“There are better restaurants in town...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I recently went to La Perla and were sorely disappointed with the overall experience.

I felt that the wait staff were too focused on their reservation book rather than ensuring a pleasant evening for their patrons. A number of them hovered around the front desk double and triple checking the book the entire night.

The food was ok but nothing to rave about. Seriously this is one of the most expensive restaurants in Cartagena and as a result should have done a better job with their food.

I would suggest to stay away from the meat dishes as these were too heavy (we had a bull's tail dish and a suckling/baby pig).

Ambiance was ok also but I didn't like the waitress looking over my shoulder and swooping in to clear the plate when I had just put down my fork... To then ask repeatedly how it was.

It wasn't that good.

Put simply, if you are I interested in Peruvian food I would recommend Cuzco instead.