“As Hoped For”

Cuisines: South American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This place hit all the bases. Staff was genuinely friendly and welcoming AND quick and efficient. Setting is very pleasant, with plenty of space between tables and excellent acoustics. And the food was excellent. I had the corvina and camarone ceviche and rodaballo served on a bed of squid ink risotto. Both were delicious and the portions were quite generous (in fact, the main course was so generously sized I couldn't finish the risotto, and that never happens). Prices were more than fair given the quality and serving sizes (around $11 US for the ceviche, $19 for the fish). I would definitely return.

1  Thank acek

Reviewed June 5, 2012

Service was good, food was average. A rather disappointing meal for the price

Reviewed May 28, 2012

I spent 10 days in Cartagena with my husband. We had plenty of time to fulfill every culinary desire Cartagena had to offer. We went to la Peral twice!!! we loved it so much. First, the Bar Tender Alex makes the BEST pisco sour in town. The drinks was the perfect hook for me. My husband and I ordered El Lomo Saltado and we also had fish and rice ( I don't remember the name) but it was outstanding!!. The staff is very attentive and friendy. The administrator which I calle El Capitan, runs that place with miliatary precision. I would recommend you try La Perla at least once and enjoy great food and drinks.

1  Thank Moliver24
Reviewed May 15, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a fabulous trip to Cartagena. We were there six nights and after we discovered La Perla on the first night we returned twice more. The pasta dishes were terrific and the octopus was also out of this world, tender and smoky. The service was excellent. Our waiter recognized us when we returned and lead us to "our table". On our last night we told him that the next day we were leaving and he comped us a fantastic warm banana cake with ice cream and caramel sauce. I should also add that the wine selection was very good and the prices are reasonable, particular in light of the cost of wine in Columbia. All in all a wonderful place.

1  Thank emilie r
Reviewed May 8, 2012

My girlfriend and I were taking a walk in the old city and saw this small restaurant we had never seen before. Curiosity struck us and decided to go in and grab a bite. Ordered Ceviche Peruano, it was delicious. Main dish was "arroz de mariscos al wok" and I was impressed. Normally this type of restaurant serves really small dishes but this was just the right the amount of food to satisfy you. Of course it was also delicious. Had a great time in the restaurant. Totally recommend it.

1  Thank Marcotov