“Just ok”
Review of El Sol de la India - CLOSED

El Sol de la India
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I had lunch here and the food was ok; not bad but not especially good either. When I walked in the woman told me where a table for one is even though they were pretty empty and that table she told me about was a very bad one. Moreover the other people who were also solo diners were sitting at regular tables so I insisted on a regular one as well. Of course I would have been happy to share a table if they had become full, but they didn't.

Girasoles is also vegetarian and has much better service and food.

2  Thank sigulda158

Reviewed September 20, 2012

i didn't think it was true...a Colombian running an Indian hostel with pure veg cuisine! The folks who run the place are very sweet and kind and genuinely take good care of the customers, the facilities are what you would expect of a typical hostel and the cuisine is indian with a colombian twist. being a vegetarian indian, finding meals abroad is very tough and am very glad i ran into this place just by the Sofitel! Definitely recommend stepping into a taste of India at El Sol!

4  Thank srd227
Reviewed August 31, 2012

There aren't many vegetarian possibilities in Cartagena, but this is a very nice option. Food was wonderful, people nice as ever and the atmosphere really gave me peace of mind. There is a WiFi area with air conditioning, which is always welcoming in Cartagena.
There are rooms being rented out as well. I stayed a couple of days, took a trip to the volcano and had an inspiring day. I would recommend it to anyone who loves to be in contact with nature and who is in search of something much more than a fast excursion there and back.

4  Thank Sandras88
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Kudos to El Sol, the Cartagena outpost of Hare Krishna-run Govinda, for offering a healthy alternative to the fried chicken which appears to be the principal food in Colombia.I had the set lunch, which includes soup, a main dish with rice and veggies, and a cold drink. There is also a lunch buffet.

The food was decent; nothing to rave about, but not bad. I could have eaten twice what they served, and was hungry a few hours later.

1  Thank Raymundo02
Reviewed January 2, 2012

In a place like Cartagena it is great to have a all vegetarian restaurant. But I have to say that it was one of the oddest meals I have ever had. I've visited India twice in the past few years and the food I had at Sol de la India is not like any Indian food I've had in the USA or in India. I guess if I don't think of it as Indian food, it is okay. For example, the menu had a picture of an actual dosa but what we received was a roti/tortilla filled with vegetables like eggplant and zucchini.

2  Thank Maria B