“Extraordinary Service”
other travelers have booked this property
casa cartagena 2 027
DSC02420.JPG
DSC02417.JPG
DSC02385.JPG
Master Bath
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Diane C
“Extraordinary Service”
Reviewed August 26, 2018 for a stay in August 2018

My family (nine of us) stayed with Alan and Ray for a few days in August. The charming house is constructed around a central courtyard in the Spanish style. All the bedroom windows face inward overlooking the courtyard thereby blocking out any sounds of the street. During our stay either Alan or Ray (and usually both of them) were always available to help with any request such as cooking meals, mixing a drink, shopping, locating a restaurant or finding a specific location. Alan doesn’t just tell you how to get there, he actually takes you there. After we left, we discovered one of our party had left their passport at the house. When we called Alan, he told us that Ray was already on his way to the airport with the missing passport. In many years of travelling we have never experienced such extraordinary service.
Fred & Diane Cranston

pawis01
Morganville, New Jersey
“Amazing”
Reviewed August 9, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Our time in Cartagena just turned incredible and unforgettable thanks to Allan , Raymundo and everyone in the house; I just have a word to describe our experience
ESPECTACULAR!!!!!
Thank you guys for pulling out with my crazy family

Aug 12, 2017
We are delighted to know that our level of customer service exceeded your expectations and your time in the property was memorable .
Thank you again for giving us the opportunity to host you .
Best,
L D
“Great Place to stay”
Reviewed August 24, 2016 for a stay in August 2016

My overall experience with this place was great. Its a beautiful house with plenty of space. Probably Ideal for 5 single guys(everyone gets own room). It is centrally located and pretty much in walking distance from all restaraunts and bars etc. Our host Allan was the best and took care of everything we needed from dinner reservations to our boat and yacht rental. Also there were Ray and Illyanna who will cook , clean, and even do your laundry if you request it. I never had a want for anything with the staff on hand. I would definitely reccommend this place to friends or anyone traveling to Cartagena for vacation.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The daily breakfast that was cooked for us
Liked least: Cartagena is hot!
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Aug 25, 2016
We are pleased to know that we met your expectations ,our passion for excellence make us to give our best.
Thank You for staying with us!
we look forward to hosting you again sometime .
Mahesh S
“Exceptional host, welcoming environment”
Reviewed March 26, 2016 for a stay in March 2016

A group 10 of us stayed for a week with Alan and Raymundo. Immediately upon arrival, we were welcomed with open arms and we were told we didn't have to worry about a thing - just the words we needed to hear when visiting a new country. Throughout the week, Alan and Raymundo took exceptional care of us and catered to our every need. It was refreshing to know that we had a local guide with the inside and knowledge of how to maneuver the city. He set up all of our excursions, gave us the best restaurant tips and told us what prices were.

We HIGHLY recommend staying here. You will not regret this decision.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Alan and his staff
Liked least: we liked it all
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Families with young children Large groups
Apr 6, 2016
We are pleased to know that we exceeded your expectations ,we look forward to welcoming you again sometime in the future.
Kind Regards,
Posada Real
Jana F
“Phenomenal place to stay!”
Reviewed March 1, 2016 for a stay in February 2016

I stayed at this house with a group of 7 friends as part of a 30th birthday celebration trip! It was the perfect base for our time in Cartagena! The house is beautiful with lots of space for groups to hang out. We spent a lot of time hanging out by the pool and on the rooftop patio watching sunsets and grilling dinner one night. The house caretakers are incredible and very attentive! They cooked breakfast and had excellent hot coffee ready in the mornings, helped us grocery shop, booked boating and scuba activities, arranged for in house massages, and gave us excellent suggestions on where to eat, shop, and buy columbian emeralds and guayaberas! Anything you need you just have to ask and they are on it!
The house Parrots, Toni and Bruno, are an added bonus! I absolutely loved drinking my morning coffee while watching the beautiful birds play and do tricks! Highly recommend this place!!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Mar 2, 2016
Thank you for taking the time to review the Property ,and we are very pleased to hear that you had a wonderful time.
Best,
Carmenza
Kai J
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Vintage”
Reviewed August 10, 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Cartagena... This beautiful, colonial city is amazing!! The walls, the architecture, the food the people. I had such an great time. Just walking around the old Walled City, was just picture perfect. Music and fun everywhere you go. It has everything in a travel destination. I truly felt safe the entire time I was there. NOT once, did I fear for my safety. The house was freaking gorgeous and unique. The Staff/hostess is what really made this trip memorable. I want to give a huge thank you to Allen and Ray, for taking such great care of us during out time. They made us feel very welcomed. They took the time to make sure we had everything we needed, (Stocked fridge,beers/wine/food) to suggesting the best dining/bar locations and listing the best excursions(Rosario Island-Phenomenal) If we had any questions, they were on top of it. With those two being there, I can say, it really made this trip even more special. I highly recommend this beautiful house, and the amazing staff that it comes with.

Liked best: The Staff
Liked least: Mosquitos
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Aug 11, 2015
Thank you ,we are pleased to know that we exceeded your expectations ,excellence beyond hospitality is our goal ,we look forward to hosting you again soon
Kind Regards
Constena
Austin, TX
“Excellent accommodations, host, location and staff”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

We stayed at Posada Real for 3 days along with another family with young children and could not have been more pleased. The photos of the house are stunning but honestly don't do the house justice. The house was very spacious, comfortable and meticulously cared for Alan and Raymond made sure that we felt comfortable and at ease. The location was on a very quiet street but near the Exito supermarket as well as several very good restaurants and local vendors. We were blocks away from all of the historic sights and had an excellent rooftop view of el Catedral, La Popa, el Castillo de San Felipe, etc. Alan helped me figure out how whether or not I should use an international plan on my iPhone or buy a local cell phone which I ended up buying at Exito supermarket. He knows all of the restaurants and was able to make recommendations based on what our group was interested in. He even made a dinner reservation for our group of 8 and even went as far as walking us part of the way there to make sure we got there ok at night. Alan even gave us walking directions to el Castillo de San Felipe and walked us part of the way there. I can't say enough about the level of service, the friendly and genuine care that Alan and Raymond took in making sure that our stay was perfect. Our 4 children were fascinated by the 2 macaws that lived on premise and even picked fresh mangos for us from the organic mango tree over the pool. If I wanted a certain food that I remembered from my last trip to Cartagena he not only knew where to get it but how much it should cost and how to ask for it. For example, when I asked where I could buy queso costeno he sent me with instructions to buy some with "reduced salt" because the store was known to over salt their cheese that didn't have that label and it was PERFECT! The pool was nice for us and our kids and helped us cool off after exploring the city on a hot afternoon. Our stay was absolutely delightful and we will definitely return to Posada Real for our next visit. Thank you Alan and Raymond for welcoming us and our friends and treating us like family during our stay!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and architectural interest of the property
Liked least: That we didn't use the sitting room as much and that I didn't take more photos!
Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing